“Meh”

Alpine Motel Kamloops
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Reasonably priced and good location. Quiet. Hotel was not very clean though. I'm really not one too complain about that sort of thing (read all my other reviews for proof!). There was a number of hairs on sheets and some of them had some marks on them and didn't look clean. Along with dingy carpet I didn't feel very relaxed here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kootenay23

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed at the Alpine Motel on August 2nd. We stayed in a ground floor unit which we had booked ahead of time since we would be arriving late. We found the room to be fine however, the bathroom was clearly not properly cleaned. Without a word of a lie, before we would touch anything, I cleaned the bathroom sink and toilet. We had a kitchenette so was lucky to have dish detergent and extra cloths to clean with. We basically tried not to touch anything and just slept there and carried on our way early the next morning. Very disappointing..... I took a picture of the bathroom sink and will try to download it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Nice friendly place for a stop over. Stayed 3 nights during the B.C, senior games. All hotels/motels packed with competitors. Got this at the last minute, better than average, very comfortable and spacious rooms. Breakfast was a little crowded with all the competitors out early but staff kept things topped up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Decent place, clean and comfortable, very close to highway and lots of shops close by if you need anything. Staff was friendly. I had my sons fly in to Kamloops so the motel is a short 15 drive from the airport.

Room Tip: Book ahead if you can, i just happen to be in town at the same time as a big tournament, Its a coupl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice in two weeks and would stay there again as the beds were comfortable and the price was right. Both rooms were clean but the first smelt like cigarette smoke even though a non-smoking room. The second room was huge and no smoke smell- the dryer did fall off the wall- still worked, just not mounted properly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

they placed us in a room on the main floor (parking level) and not only the stink in there was awful (probably from.previous smokers) the room basically had no windows! at the reception the young lady (very nice) offered to change the room for us and we've been moved to room 315. The room was actually spacious but the carpet really needs to be washed and seriously cleaned: there were several rests from other customers in the floor! the bed linen were miserably placed and each of the bed had one hair between the bed linen. no night light/reading light available near the beds!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank AleMicky
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed one night in room 204 at the Alpine Motel in Kamloops July 13th - 14th. The room cost me $69.00 total & included breakfast. I had a double bed although I'd booked a queen. It was just me though so I didn't mind. I'd reserved a non-smoking room and was thrilled mine didn't smell like smoke. The room was pretty clean. The bed was clean and all the surfaces were clean. The bathroom floor however had some debris on it & the baseboard was falling apart. A little bit of caulking was needed around the baseboards and toilet. The soap smelled like marijuana and the other toiletries, total of 3 were cheaply made. Their was an odd stain close to the ceiling on the wall above the a/c. And the room had two chairs which had seen better days. The remote for the TV only controlled the cable box and no matter which buttons I pressed I was unable to turn the volume up or down or turn on closed captions. I had to access these features manually on the TV controls. Breakfast was better than I expected but all I had was a bowl of fruit loops & a banana. I missed seeing the sign on the fridge until it was too late. Their were 4 types of cereal but none had labels. I'm sure I would've eaten more had I seen the note. I think the breakfast room could do with some clearer, larger signage. Overall though I am happy with my visit and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Read the signs in the breakfast room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo