“Comfortable hotel in convenient location on highway”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Brisbane, Australia
“Comfortable hotel in convenient location on highway”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stopped for one night en-route from Vancouver to Jasper. We had a spacious room and decent bathroom with a very comfortable bed. Unfortunately our room in the hotel faced on to the motorway, the air conditioning was noisy and we could hear the occupants in the other rooms showering, flushing toilets and closing doors early in the morning, so we didn't have the best night's sleep, but other than that it was a good place to stay.

Room Tip: For a good night's sleep, try to get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Our one night stay was very comfortable. The king bed had no lumps. So awesome. Room was very clean. Hot tub and pool great. The waterer slide was fun according to my husband. Breakfast was good too. All in all I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Better than your typical comfort inn. The rooms were clean, albeit a bit on the compact side and dated. The bathroom has a new vanity, but aside from that everything is starting to look "well used" but definately not run down. There were some stains in the bath tub, but it seems like nothing a bit of CLR and elbow grease won't clean off.

The wifi was slow and unreliable in my room.

It was nice to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room. Kind of cool that the microwave has extra power outlets on it. I wish the fridge had a small freezer though. We couldn't refreeze our cooler packs for the next day.

Staff kept the air conditioner running during the day so the room was comfortable on check in, Much appreciated on a 36°C day.

My room was next to the ice/vending/arcade room. Not sure why there was an arcade room, but atleast you couldn't hear it from inside the room.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good with continental, manfactured eggs and bacon. Don't bother with the waffles, they come out so hard it's kind of gross.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Grounded500
Singapore
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Halfway of our drive from Vancouver to Banff, Canada, I decided to have a pit stop at this Inn in Kamloops, a small city 5 hours' drive from Vancouver. The reception gave me a warm welcome and check-in was efficiently done in less than 5 minutes.

The room came with a small pantry area with a sink, microwave above the small fridge. The two twin beds are huge and there was still good amount of space in the room to accommodate 4 adult guests with no sweat. My room , on the top 3rd floor, overlooks the parking facing the entrance as well as the other inns across. The large LCD TV across the beds can keep you lying on the bed chomping on some French fries.

The breakfast was a buffet very typically Canadian served across the reception. The 2-a-half star hotel is decent and well fits the quiet neighborhood in this beautiful part of British Columbia. If you want to experience the communities around, a few shops ( pharmacies, cafes, etc.) down the street should fit the bill.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good value, especially when factoring in the great breakfast. Everything else was good - friendly front desk staff, convenient location, quiet, and comfortable. We would stay here again for sure on our next trip through Kamloops..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I'd be happy with that

We had an enjoyable one night stay here.

We found the room to be well maintained and well appointed.

Reception staff were friendly and accommodating.

On reflection, it's impossible to find fault!

The inclusive breakfast was a real boon too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Roberts Creek, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

After getting a refund from a motel I had previously booked and was dissatisfied with, I chose the Comfort Inn & Suites. Very easy to get to, especially if you're heading on the highway home to the coast.
I called around 11 PM at night and I was running out of options for hotels that were pet friendly and/or had pet friendly rooms available. I scored success with this place!
At the front desk, the man I spoke with was very helpful, professional and kind.
My room was two queens, and very comfortable! My dog slept on the floor of course, but lots of floor space for him.
Simple but that's all I needed! Very quiet, clean room. I was so relieved.
I recommend.