Star Lodge
The Plaza Hotel(Kamloops)
US$126
US$115
  • Breakfast included
The Ranchland Inn(Kamloops)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$53
Hotwire.com
US$149
US$119
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2007

After reading the reviews on this site half of our group decided not to come on the trip. Those of us who went were thoroughly impressed with the hotel. The biggest and most important thing is cleanliness and this place was incredibly clean. I've stayed at tons of hotels around the world and this one is probably tops when it comes to cleanliness. Front desk service was exceptional, there was a little mix-up (no one's fault) and they cleared it up for us without any hassle at all. I would stay at this place again without question!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2006

I should have read some of the earlier reviews before staying at this hotel. I wasn't looking for anything fancy, just a basic clean bed and room. You are not going to find that value here.

In the first room they gave me the beds were not made, pop cans were littered around the room, towels thrown in the tub. Thinking that the front desk had made a mistake, I went back to the reception. The next room they gave me was not much better.

1) The bed covers looked like they had been cleaned last in May.
2) The TV cable and some other wiring were hanging loose along the wall.
3) Some of the lights did not work.
4) Musty smell in the room.

I will not be back at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Arji
Reviewed 1 October 2006

I stayed at the Econolodge for 2 nights on sept 28-30 I was apprehensive after reading the reviews I had read on here. I got there it took a min to find my reservation but I got my room with a kitchenette for $60/night. My room was a decent size and bed was comfy. I had room 123, the only thing I noticed that was in previous review is that I had 1 wash cloth that was stained but others were perfect. My room had a shaver socket in it unlike the person who wrote a review before. The staff were extremely friendly. The pool area was somewhat dark as the windows were higher up, however the pool was perfect temperature and was good for swimming as it wasnt just a dip pool as many hotels or motels. I would recommend this to anyone. I will be returning next month.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2005

Our room was disappointing even for a budget hotel chain. The bed, TV and view were good, but everything else was old and shabby. The bathroom wasn't particularly clean, there weren't enough towels and there was no shaver socket.

The worst thing was that even in September, the room was so cold that I had to sleep in my clothes.

I think they are trying to renovate - the room was freshly painted and the lampshades were so new they were still in their wrappers - but at the moment I'm sure you can do better in Kamloops for the same money.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank UKHec
A TripAdvisor Member
British Columbia
Reviewed 27 August 2005

Knowing Econo Lodge is the "thrifty" end of the Choice Hotel chain, I expected a basic but clean and well-maintained room, perfect for my one night stop on the way through the interior. I was wrong! Here is a brief account of my stay:

-- There was a lingering paint smell.

-- The air conditioner didn't work.

-- There was a LOUD party next door.

-- The lights in the bathroom were exposed (no cover) and light bulbs were burned out.

-- There was mold along the edges of the shower curtain.

Why didn't I complain to management? The office was closed between 12 am and 8 am! I will not make this mistake again, and I can't foresee a time when I'll trust the Econo Lodge name again anytime soon.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business