“Nice rooms, terrible breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Inn & Suites Kamloops

Pacific Inn & Suites Kamloops
Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Nice rooms, terrible breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at the Pacific for 1 night in September 2011. It was easy to find from the highway and has plenty of parking. Check in was quick and easy and our room easy to find. It was a lovely room, very spacious with a wonderful big bed! Bathroom was also very spacious and spotlessly clean, however there were no bath towels. There is also free wi-fi and a large tv.

Quality of sleep was superb...absolutley no noise from the roads or adjoining rooms. Plus the bed was mega comfy!

We did not sample the room service but ate at the restaurant downstairs and had a lovley meal. There are no other restaurants within walking distance and if you're passing through after a long drive, the last thing you want to do is drive off to find dinner.

Breakfast though was a disaster. It was a buffet style breakfast with the most awful choice of food and hardly any of it. The room was dark and you had to share tables with other guests. We had a long drive ahead of us that day and were in need of a hearty breakfast...disappointing.

If you;re only staying for 1 or 2 nights though, you can't really fault the Pacific.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank catp79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Being on the road a lot for business, you tend to choose hotels with average rates and you expect average accommodation and service - that's fair. However, every now and again you strike a gem that goes beyond your expectations. Well, the Pacific Host Inn is one of those gems. The staff, particular the manager, went way beyond my expectations to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. To top it off, the rooms are newly renovated and the beds very comfortable. This hotel is truly exceptional value.

Room Tip: Most rooms are away from highway/road noise, but the end rooms and south facing rooms are particular...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Hally H
Port Moody, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Unfortunately I did not have a good nights sleep at this hotel. The room was uncomfortably warm (this was in February) and we had to put on the air conditioner, which only helped a tiny bit, but was also quite loud. Between the temperature and the noise, neither I nor my husband could sleep very well. I'm not sure if this was just an isolated event, but it made me not want to stay there again.

The staff was very friendly and I appreciated that I was allowed to have my dog with us. Besides the temperature, the room was clean and comfortable. The wireless internet connection was excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kamloops hotels

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

On the way out to BC we stayed at the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, I cannot stress enough how much $20 dollars more gets you. The Pacific ended up costing us $20 over the Econo which is the best money I've ever spent. The pacific had a nice breakfast and the rooms were well appointed with extremely comfortable beds. We all agreed that our destination on the way to the Island will always be The Pacific. Great value, friendly staff and an amazing room.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the 4th floor where you can enjoy the large shared patio.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kilguy
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Solid road hotel, very close to Highway one (however not easy to find). I believe that it was part of a Comfort Inn, now divided into two hotels. Stayed one night. Reception was friendly, room clean and comfortable. Breakfast on the weak side, however included in the price. Parking was not easy, maybe because it was a long weekend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Acidentalturist
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

My wife and I, along with our four young children, recently spent more than a month at the, Pacific Host Inn and Suites this fall. My family and I LOVED our time at the hotel. Every member of the staff was quite helpful, friendly and always very polite and professional. They are also very good with giving directions to many of the cities attractions and restaurants. Our entire family really enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and waterslide and hot tub. My wife also particularly enjoyed using the on-site excersise facilities. The hotel even includes an excellent, complimentary, deluxe continentel breakfast, wich was always, fully stocked with fresh milk, juice, coffee and tea, as well, there is a great self-serve waffle maker for fresh, hot, delicious home made waffles. there is also a wide variety of fresh fruit, toast, bagels, muffins and eggs. Wow, what an awsome breakfast, a real time and money saver. The hotel also accomodates every room with high-speed internet and provides a computer with internet and printer services in the hotel lobbies business centre, for those of us that came without a computer. There is plenty of parking, restaurants and stores, including a large shopping mall, all within easy walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is fully prepared to meet all of your relaxation requirements, with arcade games for the kids, and us big kids too, plenty of ice and snack machines and there is also on-site laundry facilities. I can go on for hours, I and my whole family absolutely loved our stay here and I would highly encourage anyone who is planning a trip, of any length, to stay at The Pacific Host Inn and Suites, in Kamloops, B.C. They are very well priced as well and have kitchens in some of the suites too. This is the best "hotel" experience, by far, that my wife and I have ever had together in our fifteen wonderful years together! Many thanks to all of the lovely staff at the hotel, who all worked so tirelessly around the clock, to make this such an awesome and enjoyable stay!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business