“WINNER - FLAWLESS STAY- quality, service, cleanliness”

Pacific Inn & Suites Kamloops
Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
chase,b.c.
“WINNER - FLAWLESS STAY- quality, service, cleanliness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The service and hospitality we received right from the start of our booking experience was fantastic. I booked very short notice and made several phone calls each phone call being received with a more than pleasant front desk receptionist. We arrived the lady at the front desk was phenomenal. These days to get such welcoming outstanding service is such a pleasure. Customer service is clearly the utmost important to this hotel. The hotel itself was fantastic. Great prices, great rooms. The amenities are wonderful hot tub area is really nice for people who want to be separate from the pool. We were able to enjoy the hot tub in peace and quiet while kids were playing in the pool. They are separated well enough adults enjoying the hot tub can really relax. Location is more than you could ask for. Everything a person would need within 2 blocks. The Moon Wok restaurant attached to the hotel was equally as impressive as the hotel. Top notch food. I can not say enough good things this was truly a flawless experience and believe me I am a high maintenance guest . Comfortable beds, awesome TV's trust me the family suite is beyond amazing set up for complete comfort and enjoyment.

Room Tip: Try the family suite. Best location in the hotel from what I could see. Pool view , right around the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel for a 3 night stay and discovered that the outdoor pool is out of order! The outdoor pool was one of the reasons we booked this hotel and it was a very unwelcome discovery. Although we had the option of using another hotel's indoor pool - it was not the same thing! Also, our room's air conditioning was broken as was the bathroom fan. Upon reporting these deficiencies, we were told that there is no maintenance staff available on weekends. The breakfast was mediocre and the kitchen in our suite was poorly stocked (no soap, dish cloths, short 2 knives). There was frequently no one at the front desk. The hotel room was clean and adequately appointed. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrancesMae

Travellers are raving about these Kamloops hotels

Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The service here is some of the worst I have ever had. I don't go into this range of hotel expecting the best but I do expect to encounter staff who are, at minimum, polite.

I met a friend for a weekend away (coming from opposite directions) and on Friday night we planned to stay with friends outside of town but I booked this hotel for Saturday. Since we had two cars we met at the hotel on Friday evening hoping to drop one off. We went inside just to let the front desk know we would be leaving the car overnight and coming back for it in the morning AND HE WAS FLAT OUT NASTY. He insisted that I pay for a second night for the privilege of leaving my car there and when I asked him if this was hotel policy he shrugged his shoulders at me, waved me away, and started talking on his cellphone. I ended up parking my car overnight at WalMart because even this enormous retailer will allow people to use their lot as overnight parking.

In the morning we dropped off my car because, hey, we'd be checking in a little later at 3pm. We arrived back to the hotel and the same front desk guy flat out ACCUSED ME OF LEAVING MY CAR THERE OVERNIGHT. I explained to him what had happened and made sure to let him know that his behaviour was totally inappropriate. After the check in process (slow and tedious and painful) we finally get all our luggage upstairs and as soon as we enter the room he calls to apologize and offers to upgrade us to the honeymoon suite. I finally thought things were turning around and we excitedly drag all our luggage back to the front desk where we stand for another 15 minutes while this guy realises that the honeymoon suite is OCCUPIED. Seriously awful customer service. Accusations, rudeness, and utter incompetence.

The room was alright, the bathroom was a bit scuzzy, the heat didn't work very well, the pool is actually across the street and very dated. I could easily overlook all little things had the service been great. But... THE SERVICE IS ATROCIOUS. I will say that not all the service was terrible, the woman at the front desk when we checked out was very friendly, she just couldn't redeem the service on her smile alone.

I would never stay here again, for the money I am sure I could find a hotel with staff that treats guests respectfully.

Room Tip: In a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BrianneK
Mill Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We were delighted with our stay at this hotel. Very nice clean and well equipped room with a comfortable bed. Heating a bit noisy but we just switched it off and didn't need it overnight. Excellent, pleasant and helpful staff at the desk (Stephanie). Breakfast is across the parking lot and very adequate.Pet friendly so our Lab also was happy..
Value was excellent.
Highly recommended. Will definitely stay again

Room Tip: I think any room would be good as it is well away from the highway
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TuckerVictoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We were very happy to find this hotel late Boxing Day evening. The room was nicely appointed and clean. It was very hot however and even with the heat off we had to leave the window open. We ate supper at the attached restaurant. The food was good but pricey. Service was friendly but slow. It was Boxing Day so only skeleton staff. In the morning we were greeted with juice on tap and coffee in the lobby. Breakfast was included in the restaurant across the street although we didn't stay. We would stay here again if the same offer was available.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here for a few nights over Christmas in a suite with a kitchen. I was blown away by the friendliness and excellent customer service of the staff. The room was spacious but unremarkable. It's the staff the set this place apart.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank canadianveggie
Delta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Great find! Rooms are exceptionally clean. Complimentary hot breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy access from the highway and across from Aberdeen mall. Also has an excellent Italian restaurant on site. We will be staying here again. Almost forgot to mention how quiet it is as well. Pool available across parking lot at sister property. Excellent family value.

• Stayed December 2013