Kamloops Travelodge Mountview
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Alpine Motel Kamloops(Kamloops)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsthe climate controlextra blanketsgreat family hoteljacuzzi suiteroom was clean and comfortablerecommend this hotel to anyonechoose this hotelbreakfast bardefinitely stay here againgreat sleepstaff was very friendly and helpfulchecking outlarge roomsized bedgreat roomoff the highwayshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Recently on a stop over in kamloops we decided to stay at the Travelodge Mountview, Having stayed at Travelodge chains in the past we decided on this hotel. What a mistake, Upon arrival we went into the office and noticed a strong smell of curry, Didnt think much of it until we went into our room #306 and the smell was horrible, dirt carpets, dirty bed spread, gross bathroom, my wife went to the car and brought in our own blankets to sleep on top of the bed with, when we showered in the morning we wore our sandles for a fear of foot fungus!! It also offers "free continental breakfast" I should hope they offer something free for having to stay in this dive! But the Bagels smelled moldy and the eggs were ice cold and cracked in a large bowl, The types of cereal wasnt a good choice, all bran or just plain, not a good selection, I wassnt expecting pancakes and bacon or anything but how about some fresh bagels and fresh orange juice, I think the managment needs to do a whole overhaul on this dump and offer the guests a CLEAN comfortable place to stay since they are paying way over priced for this place, I have stayed in WAY better in DOWNTOWN vancouver! We wont be staying here ever again and will be letting everyone know to stay far away from this place. If you are driving late at night and heading thru kamloops keep going, DONT STAY HERE!!!!!! Also NO hottub like posted and the Pool is Ice cold and smells gross just like the rooms! Sorry Truth hurts!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We've stayed in many types of hotels, and we know what to expect & what not to expect depending on where you stay & what you pay. We were in town for a convention, so this hotel stay was primarily for a place to use in the evening & sleep at night. We didn't expect it to be stylish, or even comfortable, BUT we did expect it to be clean & our non-smoking room to be smoke free! The room was dirty, dingy, and reeked of smoke! It was very hard to sleep at night in it. When we left, all of our clothes/bags smelled like smoke.

Although the front desk staff was courteous, they confirmed that we were in a non-smoking room as booked (???), but there wasn't really anything they could do because the hotel was fully booked for the weekend (due to the same convention we attended).

A side note as well, we booked this hotel because it advertised having a heated outdoor pool & indoor hot tub. When we checked in, and were asking about the pool/hot tub hours, they informed us that their hot tub had not been working for at least two years! (and wouldn't be fixed anytime soon). When we dipped our hands in the pool, it was so cold that you could probably chill your drinks in it! Also, it was on the North side of the building, so it was mostly in the shade which definitely didn't help the pool temperature. Needless to say, we didn't use it. We did however drive 5 minutes down the road to the Leisure Centre, and had a great swim at their indoor public pool & waterslides.

Bottom line, we would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone, for any reason, and we will absolutely never be back to this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I tried to stay at other hotels but there was a conference going on so I was subjected to the Travel Lodge. At first it seemed OK the room had a slight upgrade, and the staff was pleasant. I went out with some customers and then went to sleep. I woke up with pain in my back and front however I thought I justed pulled a muscle at the gym the night before. When I got home my girlfriend found 12 -14 bites all over my back and front and they were very painful. It has been a few days now and they are still painful. I looked it up on the internet and it seems the bites are from BED BUGS. This is my first experience with bed bugs and I fear I may have brought them home with me.

Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2008

When we checked in, we hadn't made a reservation were lucky to get a room. The young man at the front desk was very busy when we arrived, but very helpful. The other girl at the desk who checked us in, named Holly was great. She helped us with all our needs, and was very pleasant and very friendly!!

Three adults stayed in room #319 at the back of the building for one night at it was great!! Two queen beds, very clean room very spacious and nice a quiet. Everything in the room was well stocked and it was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay!! The breakfast was great and helped since we had quite a long drive ahead of us.

Thanks Holly for a very enjoyable stay, and we will definitely be back when we are in the area again!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank abgrl
Reviewed 22 September 2007

Travelodge Mountview was almost exactly what we expected. It is a reasonably clean, low-priced motel, which includes breakfast in the rate and has a small kitchen in the room. The kitchen is very small and poorly equipped but includes hot plates and a fridge. The breakfast was disorganised and messy but did at least include bagels (frozen!), toast, cereals, juice, jam, coffee and tea.

The swimming pool is outdoors and is due for a renovation. My children decided to return to our room as soon as they saw it.

Finally, the motel is situated outside the centre, so you will need a car to go downtown where most of the restaurants are.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)