South Thompson Inn & Conference Center
Skoglund Motel(Kamloops)
Kings Motor Inn(Kamloops)
4 Seasons Motel(Kamloops)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe rivermanor housedriving rangeguest ranchhardwood floorstrouthot tubstayed longercontinental breakfastwe've stayedyogurtone night staylong driveroad tripllamasretreatwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2011

When I booked the hotel online I was excited at how pretty the website showed the property to be and all the amenities and such. I arrived to a cute hotel, with a non working and drained pool, the hot tub was covered the whole time and the resturant was grossly understaffed. 1 waitress working 6-8 tables her self. It wasnt great service to say the least. As for the room, it was nice. The room and jacuzzi bathtub saved the trip from being a total disaster. It was quite and comfortable.

They advertise the hot tub as over looking the river.....it has a view of a half full river bed. Bad advertisement.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

We appreciate your comments and we would like to comment on them. Our pool is seasonal and will open on the May long weekend. The hot tub is open year round, 24 hours a day and only closes for cleaning. It is always covered as we are a 3 green key accommodation and in addition to keeping the heat in it also keeps debris out. The photo on our website of the river was taken in the summer and unfortunately the time of the year that you stayed with us was during the rivers lowest point. Due to the cold spring this year the river is at the lowest in years. Large snow pack, let's hope we don't flood when it finally melts. We would love to welcome you back in the summer months when the river is higher. We also want to mention that we appreciate your positive comments that you made as well.

Reviewed 29 April 2011

What a wonderful event mom’s 80th birthday was! EVERYTHING was perfect: the meal was delicious, the servers were so friendly and accommodating and the room was spectacular. I wish you could have seen mom’s face when the owner came down to say hello…she was absolutely delighted!
Thank you for all your hard work on our behalf and please tell the chef that the meals were fantastic!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

So glad to hear you had such a great time celebrating your Mom's special day. We would like to thank you for your comments about your stay with us and will pass them on to our team.

Reviewed 25 April 2011

Rooms were clean, quiet and serene. Service by all the staff was prompt and courteous. I can honestly say that I was impressed by the level of care given by every employee I encountered.
The food was amazing. The snack plate brought for us upon arriving (Kentucky Kisses Package) was amazing.
I am a foody and it's usually difficult to impress me at an eatery. The food at Madisons was amazing along with the service.
We'll be back to celebrate our 11th anniversary same time next year.
Pillows were a little soft however - minor thing in the grand scheme.

Room Tip: Thompson River View.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. Look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your 11th Anniversary! As far as your too soft pillow next time just ask in advance and we would be happy to give you a firmer one.

Reviewed 19 April 2011

The staff at this facility always goes above and beyond my expectations to meet our needs. The hardest part of hosting a workshop here is keeping everyone focusing on the topic and not the view. The catering service is top end, and will satisfy even the pickest eaters. The staff is not afraid to try new ideas and will overwhelm you with their positive attitudes. Our workshop of over 80 people consider this our corporate home away from home. I recommend you bring your conference home to Kamloops and amaze your attendees.

John Palmer
Director, Safety Security and Training
BC Transit

Room Tip: Ask for the river view King room
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. The staff were very friendly, attentive and considerate. The gifts for our dogs and the anniversary basket were a lovely touch and reflective of the thoughtfulness and genuine kindness of the staff. Our room was a classic English Inn style, and the bed was divine.

The restaurant food, ambiance, service, and serving staff were simply first class; again a reflection of the attention to detail and guests. My wife and I had a very restful and enjoyable anniversary and we will be back in the future. Recommending The South Thompson Inn is a no brainer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple