“Linda P. "Perfect Wedding Site "”

South Thompson Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Brandon, Canada
“Linda P. "Perfect Wedding Site "”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This was the most beautiful place I have ever stayed at. It was so nice having everything in one place for the wedding.The wedding party stayed at the Manor House which was phenomenal. The food at the reception was top notch, delicious and thoroughly enjoyed by all. The ceremony was outside by the river and couldn't have been more beautiful. My room was very, very nice with a great view.The bed was sooo comfortable and the decor so pretty.The staff were so helpful and accommodating, I thought the service was great. As mother of the groom I couldn't have been more pleased with everything and all the guests I talked to felt the same. A truly wonderful weekend. The peaceful surroundings were perfect to balance a hectic weekend. If there was one thing I would have liked was a cafe on the premises for easy access to breakfast and lunch. I thank you so much South Thompson Inn for making this such a memorable weekend for me.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river was so very peaceful and relaxing.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Linda I don’t think you can appreciate how much this means to our team. I saw your new daughter-in-law and three of her wedding party sitting on a blanket overlooking the river, in the sun just visiting and relaxing. I mentioned to my wife how perfect this looked.
We did serve lunch to some of your guests but we apologize for not having made the guests in the Manor House aware of this.
Our chef is a Red Seal chef and will appreciate your mention of his skills.
Thank you for being here for such an important event and do appreciate you being so nice. Weddings are stressful for many but you and your family were so relaxed it made our involvement so much easier
David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Polish first
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The South Thompson Inn was a fantastic place to hold an international conference for builders of bamboo fly rods. The Inn's staff was helpful and knowledgeable, assisting us as conference organizers with our audio-visual needs as well as with lodging and meals for conference participants. These people know how to host conferences and make people feel at home at the same time.

Room Tip: Book in advance. This place is popular.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thanks Hugh for taking the time to support us on TripAdvisor. We sure appreciate when our guests give us such positive comments. Our team are always so excited to get this kind of feedback. Of course your group made it easy as you were so great to deal with. David
victoria
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Our family always stay at the south thompson inn when we are travelling with our horses to shows. The girls absolutely love the facility for their horses. We can highly recommend this Inn for anyone doing the same. The other services for people are not always great. Food has always been an issue although they try very hard. Kids love the pool of course and the view of the river is always a treat. They really need to have a breakfast service. The continental and coffee stand are lousy and below standard.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jumpinhorsedad
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
You say you always stay with us so this is more difficult for me to answer. Next time please ask to speak with me so we can discuss your concerns.
Our reputation for food has always been great although food service is sometimes the most difficult part of a business as everyone has a different opinion on food.
I do not understand the coffee station comment, especially using the word “lousy”. We always have fresh LaVazza coffee in the mornings as well as fresh cream and milk, not the little packaged creamers.
LaVazza is one of the finest Italian beans available. Best of all it’s all complimentary. In addition we have about 12 different high end tea’s and powdered chocolate if you want hot chocolate. We even have three or four sweeteners including honey
I will put a photo or photos of our coffee station on the TripAdvisor site.
The continental breakfast are not hot breakfasts but are made of high quality products and for most people is more than enough. We would love to have hot breakfast but so few eat breakfast it does not work for us. We tried it.
Hopefully your horses enjoyed their stay.
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I booked this hotel based on trip advisor. This was an over night stop on the journey from Vancouver to Banff. Staff: were friendly so when I asked about bags we were directed to a baggage kart, so no help with bags, not a good start. The room: something from the eighties, bathroom: counters were lower that standard. Food: evening the foods was what you should expect from this level of hotel, however Breakfast is limited to cold food, I expect that the chef doesn’t work in the morning and all breakfasts are prepared in the evening. Changing this and offering a cooked breakfast should be considered. The only problem with the room was the pillows, they had a smell to them. I would also add that the chairs in the Bourbon Lounge need to be replaced, they have had better days.

Room Tip: Starbucks is only 20 km away, so getting good coffee is easy
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WasteAccountant
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
TripAdvisor is a great way to book properties and to pass on your observations so thank you for taking the time to give us your opinions
First we do not have a bellman but always have someone available to carry luggage if requested. So if you return please ask and it will happen.

At one time all our rooms were designed in Laura Ashley décor. Great at the time in the mid 90’s and still enjoyed by many today. For me not so great anymore and that is why there are only 5 or 6 remaining Laura Ashley designed rooms. Every year we redo 3 or 4 rooms to a great current look. By next spring there will probably only be a couple left. You must have had one of them.

I notice you are from the UK. Our bathroom vanities are the standard height for Canadian and US bathrooms.

I am happy you enjoyed your dinner with us. We do have a Red Seal chef. Great food.

Regarding the breakfast is concerned we do not offer a hot breakfast. Never have. The very good continental breakfasts are fresh though.

As far as the pillows are concerned this is the first time having heard our pillows have an odor. I checked with our executive housekeeper who said what you may be smelling is the Bounce we use for all our linen. Again maybe not something used regularly in the UK.

I took a look at the chairs in the Bourbon lounge and found them in fine shape. They are wicker in keeping with our Kentucky style Inn.

I am truly sorry you found so many things you did not like and hope it does not affect you using TripAdvisor in the future and of course giving us another chance if in the area.

I don’t understand the coffee comment. We offer complimentary very high end Italian roasted Lavazza coffee. We taste tested quite a few brands of coffee including Starbucks before deciding on Lavazza. Great coffee.

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

We were up there with our soccer team and the kids loved it. It was very quite. It is 20 min out of town but worth the drive.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us Your kids were so well behaved they and you are always welcome back. Also understand you won the tournament. Probably because you stayed with us. Maybe not, it was probably their talent and hard work. Thanks David
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The staff worked really hard, were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. While my husband was taking part in the fishing rod-builders' meeting, I particularly enjoyed the grounds where I spotted over 30 species of waterfowl and other birds and was able to pet the horses. If only I had noticed the bicycles sooner, I would have loved to borrow one to explore the Inn's surroundings. Had I been staying longer, or if the weather had been bad, I would have enjoyed using the gym.

My husband, who was presenting a paper at the conference, was also very happy with the venue and its facilities and equipment.

We both enjoyed the meals, although more emphasis on healthy options would have been even better (we had a fixed menu because that was part of the negotiated deal for the conference).

Room Tip: We stayed on the north side of the building which is probably quieter than the south side - we could...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Love hearing that you appreciated all the water fowl and many other bird species we are blessed to have . Your group was great to have and look forward to your return in a couple years. You will be able to enjoy our new nature walk which is currently under construction. If you want something a bit different for your meals just let us know and our chef will prepare something for you. Thanks for your comments, always very much appreciated. David

Sisters, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We arrived on Thursday afternoon, and left on Sunday morning. There were staff present to take care of our every need. I needed tape to hang posters--they had it. They seemed to anticipate our every need and we were taken care of. We will most likely come back in two years.

Roger F

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us, we enjoyed having you all! We also appreciate you taking your time to write about us on TripAdvisor.
Our team just love to offer the level of service you mentioned especially for such a nice group of guests. I sure appreciated seeing how much enjoyment you were all having learning about the building of the beautiful bamboo rods and casting them around the property Look forward to having you back