“A great night”
Review of The Plaza Hotel

The Plaza Hotel
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure of attending a Christmas party and had an amazing experience ! The staff were amazing and the room was super cute and cosey.. Bed and pillows so comfey and the food at the party was great. I can't wait to stay again :) my new personal fav hotel in Kamloops .. Can't wait to book another stay :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
ThePlazaKamloops, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Christine

Wow... what a great review, thank you for taking the time to review us and giving us 5 out of 5. We can't wait to welcome you back! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the food we served for the Christmas party you attended.

On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen at The Plaza Hotel, I would like to sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Plaza Hotel. Please come back soon!

Wish you all the best.

Shatha Al-Reihani

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Yes, as per other reviews, the hotel is old and the rooms are small, but cosy. Yes, the area is 'urban'. However, it is interesting and fun and the bed and bedding was excellent. Granite counter tops. I liked the refinished wooden floors, which I like much better than a carpet. It was clean. Also, even though slightly noisy on the Saturday night, I did enjoy the look of the very old glass windows. You don't see windows like that very often anymore, and I liked it. I also liked watching what was going on outside on the downtown Saturday night. The heater was new and worked well. They do take dogs and I walked my dog up and down the Main Street and was not bothered. We ordered room service meal and the guy who delivered it was exceptionally nice. The food was GREAT. Really good. It was not cheap, but it was excellent. The beef was very special, from a heritage ranch up the valley. They know what they are doing. Get the beef. Staying there was 'an experience'. Very nice staff. If you want a soulless, generic highway chain motel, then go there. We are glad we came here and I would stay here again. I did not find the noise to be a problem. The parking lot is a bit of a security risk, but I guess they have that more under control now. We had no problem there. The Main Street has many interesting shops. I wish I had been able to visit them. There is much more to explore here than just staying on the highway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest - walksrocco

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel; readying your review brought joy to my heart!

On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen at The Plaza Hotel, I would like to sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Plaza Hotel really soon!

Wish you all the best.

Shatha Al-Reihani

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

We were booked in as part of our Rocky Miu taineer trip and had a lovely overnight stay. Room rather small and bathroom needs updating but overall good for the night. Right in the centre of town so handy yo explore. Some lovely restaurants nearby as well as shops!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A great little old hotel that has had some very nice renovations done to it..They have left the outside look historic and have upgraded some of the inside. We had a small but beautiful, clean and very comfortable room with hardwood floors. The downstairs bar/restaurant is very nice. The staff and service was great..We will definitely be making a point to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stopped in for an overnight stay and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff were friendly, good service and the breakfast, 11am checkout and access to YMCA around the corner were extra bonuses. There was a little bit of traffic noise and people yelling in the street the night we stayed, but with the comfortable bed it wasn't too much of an issue. Definitely check out the restaurant for a good steak.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to king-size bed
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed one night in at the end of a week-long business trip. Arrived late and asked for a quiet room. I was grateful for the upgrade offered by the friendly front desk staff. Room was comfortable, large, clean and updated. Renos to this heritage building were good, without losing all of the historical charm. The kitchen had already closed when I called down for room service. Again, the staff showed great customer service by bringing up a bowl of their great chowder. Breakfast was included the next morning, a choice between a continental or traditional. I usually stay at a hotel off the highway, but my next trip, I'll look forward to returning to the Plaza.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is an older building (built about 1912) that has been thoroughly renovated and brought up to modern standards, while preserving the architecture and the 'mood' of the original property.

Some rooms are a bit small (as could be expected from a building of this vintage), but they are certainly fully satisfactory.

Be sure to check the prices offered on Trip Advisor before checking in - I was offered the rack rate of $129 a night, I then showed the receptionist the Trip Advisor advertised price of $79 a night and was given the $79 price without any hesitation.

Outdoor parking is available at the independently operated lot next door for $5 a night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo