“THE place to eat in Kamloops”

Nandi's Flavours Of India
Reserve with OpenTable
Nandi's Flavours Of India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 349 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Indian dishes, tandoori fare & a Sunday dinner buffet served in a relaxed setting. A place where you can have great conversations with best views in town.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Don't go to the chains...you can get them in your own town....go to this neighbourhood Indian gem. The exterior is deceiving but you are going there for the food and that is what this place is all about. I had the BEST vegetable korma EVER ....the flavours were just the right blend and with a side order of Naan, this was a meal to remember. My husband ordered the Tandoori platter and there was enough food there for two...fish, lamb, chicken, beef...and he found them all nicely spiced and most tasty.
The service was very good. The owner's young adult kids are the wait staff and they are polite and pleasant. At the end of the meal, she asked if we were local or visitors and when we told her we were visitors, she said she would complement us with a 10% off discount....how nice is that!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My hotel up the street recommended Flavors of India if I enjoy Indian food. Well, I do so off I went to find a gem of a restaurant. The exterior of the business looked a little worn and pedestrian at best. Still, I marched in to see what might be there. The interior is comfortable, cool and dim enough to make me look good. Service was warm and prompt. My choice for dinner was the Palek Lamb with a side of Naan. My first bite was the Naan and I knew I was in the right place. Just delicious...I'd have been happy with only the Naan. My best ever. The Palak Lamb was a generous service of nicely spiced lamb and spinach. Not too spicy but full of flavor. Again, just delightful. A meal to remember.
Flavors of India has a full bar. My only mistake that evening was to order a glass of wine with dinner. My meal really needed to be paired with a beer. Guess I'll have to go back and correct that error!
At the back of the restaurant there's a wall of windows overlooking the valley below. Great view, so try to get a table there.
It's all good so don't miss it.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I love Indian cuisine, and strongly advise Goldies Flavours of India if you are in Kamloops. Great food and great prices.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Great staff and food. Had a paneer dish which was just great. Also the nice warm naan for dipping into the extra sauce. The service was just great. I met one of the cooks on the way out and talked to him just to compliment the food. An excellent place to go despite the parking lot/old motel view.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Friends evening out left a bad taste. All five of us tried something different so we had a good cross section of the menu. The chicken dishes, we were told, was white meat. Not so it was dark meat. The rice side dish was extremely bland.
Our server struggled with English to answer our questions. So we did not get adequate answers. But she was fairly attentive.
We asked for a litre of house wine and was appalled at the charge on our bill of $63.00 for the wine. If that is any indication one should not buy drinks there
It is a nice view of some of the area.

3  Thank PatricaE51147