“A convenient Location”

Ranked #40 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Vancouver, Canada
“A convenient Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2009

This place was a very comfortable and clean room. It is convenient and easy access to all of the different ammenities within the downtown core of Kamloops. For those who are needing a place to stay when loved ones are in the hospital, this is also a very good convenient place to the hospital in Downtown Kamloops. It is also great for those travellers who are wanting to a good place to stay, and that is comfortable and clean. The food was also fairly reasonable for the continental breakfast. There was some minor problems associated with the room i.e.: plumbing was a bit of a problem with the toilet, and also the door didn't fully close unless you helped by closing it. But other than that it was good. That is why I gave it the average rating.

• Liked — The convenient location to everything
  • Disliked — The fact that they could have been a little bit more on top of the maintenance.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
hamptononlynow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

We arrived on dec 27 we have to be in kamloops to have our second baby, my wife my 19 month daughter and myself. Room was small but decent size for 55$ night. Went to give my daughter a bath and guess what. pubic hair in tub. GROSS. scratched that idea went to put her to bed guess what, CURLY hair in bed too. called manager he came right away with fresh pillow cases and said i am so very sorry this is not normal. next day asked for a complete top to bottom cleaning of room with fresh bedding even comforters and towels and scrub the tub.
Got it just fine second time around.
talked to manager about increasing my stay from the 2 jan till the 8 since we are now 2 days past due date. wife is 4 cm dialated and very sore from contractions. he kindly comped the first night and moved us into another room more floor space and bigger beds and took 5 bucks off our rate. GREAT i thought. went into room it was fresh smelling got settled in and went to check tub and guess what. HAIR AGAIN. and not only that, i scrapped my fingers on wall of tub and grey matter ended up onto my finger tips. I was grossed right out.
I went to the manager and spoke to him and no appologies he just backed away and said ``thats gross``.

This is where it gets really bad. after askign for cleaner to clean the tub cuz i already paid for room. I went back to room to talk to wife and decided screw it we are not staying here again forget the 50$. and started a case with the hojo cust care.
I asked the front desk for a complete refund as i am goign to stay somewhere else. he decided to not comp my first night and charge me $55 after making a deal to lower my rate. we argued for a lil while and when i asked him to look me in the eye and tell me he is okay with a dirty tub like that he couldnt, he looked at his computer and said its okay.
when i almost lost it and had him mentally cornered and ready to admit he has a grungfest of a hotel he responded ``if cleanliness is such an issue you should have gone up the hill and spent $150 a night`` this is the owner harry speaking to me. I said to him wow if this is how you treat your patrons and keep your hotel how is your house. his response was leaning over counter in a threatening way saying ```dont go there man just dont go there``. none the less my alpha male wanted to come out but cooler heads prevailed . I gave him one more oppourtunity on jan 5 to return my money or i am phoning all around to every affiliate to tell them and head office he said ``do what ever you want man I dont care`` and hung up.

please please pay more money and stay somewhere else

• Liked — pinder the first guy we spoke with he is kind and caring
  • Disliked — the pubic hair in tub and beds.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Kamloops hotels

vancouver, bc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2008

I chose this motel because it was conveniently located in the downtown area. We had stayed there before, and the rooms seemed okay, if a bit expensive for that stay. This time the rates were better (off season), so we booked a room a couple of days ahead of our stay.

When we arrived we were treated so rudely, I could not believe it. I was ready to leave and go to another hotel, and then was told that even if I left they would charge my credit card for the full cost of the room.

This was totally unbelievable and they have lost my business forever!! We travel to the BC Interior at least 6 or 8 times a year, often staying in Kamloops. But I will NEVER again stay at this motel, as I refuse to be treated so rudely when I am there to spend my money at their place of business.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rudeness of staff / condition of room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank sallygirl277
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2008

I stayed there overnight on my way from edmonton to Vancouver. I paid very reasonable price ( i think) and was given option whether i wanted room in the front or back. I took room 215. I have to say that the room was very clean, had 2 beds and personally i thing quite large. My phoneline was not working but the guy at the front desk immediately fixed it ( wire was unplugged ). I told the front desk guy that i was very impressed with the room quality and he told me that there is new owners there and they are try their best winter take care of minor problems. I would personally stay there again.

• Liked — Location and Price
  • Disliked — I guess nothing to comlaint
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2008

II was very disappointed in the room that I was given. I had a hard drive from Edmonton to Kamloops and was so exhausted by the time I got in my room, I just felt it wasn't worth it to complain. The room was under repair which is something I can live with; the mirror had become unattached from the wall. My beef was the the moldy smell in the bathroom. I found the smell so bad that I passed on taking a shower in the morning. The fridge was rattling away when I first entered the room. I was able to turn it off after a bit of fiddling; nothing serious.
Overall, the Howard Johnson name was damaged by my experience. All I expect is a clean and fresh bathroom and a bed I can crash out on.

Stayed September 2008
Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2008

My boyfriend, his son and I stayed on this hotel for one night as our stop over on our way to Vancouver Island. On their website - they claim that they have "32 clean and comfortable recently redecorated guest rooms” - after we checked in, we found the room to be dirty and disappointing. The toilet and tub was not clean - there were hair on the tub and when I look down on the drain it was full of hair! The headboard and tables were dusty. The phone and the remote control for the TV were greasy. I have to use my hand sanitizer to clean the Phone and the remote control. The carpet was not vacuumed. We have booked this hotel a week in advance so there is no excuse for the room not to be clean. We did ask for another room since they won't give us a refund (and it’s already late to look around for another place to stay). The other room was just a little bit better only because the toilet and tub looks clean, but we were so uncomfortable that we use our own towels and blankets. The bed was not comfortable at all - the springs were digging into our backs! The pillows have yellow stains on it. For what they charge to stay at their hotel is not worth every penny... for $40.00 more you can stay at Comfort Inn... And not have to question if the room was clean or not

• Liked — The location only
  • Disliked — The room is filthy and the beds are uncomfortable!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Iwant2Ctheworld
Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

Location good, room comfortable but sheets not changed from previous guest or guests. Black hair in bed, the bed not made for second night, towels taken but not replaced. Repairs to one wall in on-suite not completed

Stayed July 2008