“Order In”

Ranked #135 of 338 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Chinese
“Order In”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ordered in a selection of food. The food was hot when it arrived, the deep fried prawns were crispy as they should be!

Visited June 2014

Fort St. John, Canada
“Take-out is AWESOME”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hello!

First the negative, then the positive.

Negative:
The few times I have eaten food inside the restaurant (not within the past year, so this may have changed), the service was standard, and the buffet was also standard - if not a bit old.

Positive:
We order take-out from here often, and it is SO good. They must make it all fresh for take-out, because we have never been disappointed. Our go-to meal when we can't decide is simply "Dinner for Two" with rice instead of chowmein.

• Visited January 2014
Kamloops, Canada
“Its not the best of the best-but its very good for the price !”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I really like the selection. wonton is pretty good. crispy chicken wings very good. lettuce wrap, very good. sweet & sour very good. veggies very good. nice, fresh watermelon, and oranges for desert.
we have always had excellent service. and I like the taste of the food. not too salty.
I thinkthey offer a very good product for the price. and the place is clean !
I would and will go back for more.

( talking about the luncheon buffet ) not the regular menu. just saying. :)

• Visited August 2013
Kamloops, Canada
“If I don't have anything nice to say... But be warned.”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Seriously, the worst Chinese food I've ever eaten. SO disappointed. We ordered take out.
The ginger beef was dry and stringy. My jaw started to ache from chewing it for so long just to get it down. (You know the rumors about stray cats in Chinese food? That's how bad it was; the thought actually came to mind...)
The chow mein was undercooked and dry in places, with a smattering of veggies tossed onto the top of the noodles in the container.
The Sweet&Sour pork was not even stirred - the sauce was in the bottom of the container and the pork put on top.
The only thing we enjoyed was the broccolli, how freakin sad is that!!!???
I entertained the idea of driving back down to the restaurant and complain. If I hadn't already had a glass of wine, I likely would have.
We won't order from here again.

• Visited August 2013
“Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The quality of the food at Shanghi is standard. If you are looking for exemplary food try something much more high in price. Their food is good for the average luncheon. I had food to take out from them last week. I ordered the standard 3 people menu as outlined in the main menu. There was so much food I fed three people, took it home, had it for dinner, lunch the next day and finally froze two plates for quick lunch another day. The bill came to $42.00. I had sweet and sour pork, deep fried chicken wings, chicken chop-suey (lovely fresh veggies) , beef fried rice, and chow mein. This is a pleasant restaurant and have been going there for years. Their wonton soup is a lovely way to start a Chinese buffet.

• Visited May 2013