“Over nite Stay”

Ranked #23 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Canyon Creek Ab
“Over nite Stay”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We picked the Hotel from a travel Book as we needed a over night room.We found the front desk clerk to be friendly and helpful as to pointing out a couple of places to try for supper.We found the rooms to be very clean and the morning breakfast was just a normal hotel fair,we thought the price of the room was fair given that the Hotel is an older one.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randall L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I accidentally booked the room for the night before my arrival. Thus, there was no record of my reservation, and also I had paid for the prior night.

They happily made the adjustment, giving my actual night to me without charge. They left the charge on for the night before. They were completely understanding, and made no effort to make me feel bad about my mistake.

Thanks, staff at Quality Inn, Kamloops!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian H
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Needed a place for the night. Quality Inn came up on a search engine, and I decided to book it. Service was good Rooms seemed a bit old, but given the age of the hotel that was not surprising. I did not get a chance to try out the breakfast, but from what I saw it seemed like an average hotel breakfast. From a comfort level, I truly believe that what you pay is what you get, and this hotel was no different.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Erlensee, Germany
Reviewed 10 June 2012

You get what you expect. A typical room in this hotel chain. Free wifi and a warm welcome. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. A refrigerator was in the room.
The parking was free.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank biggs-83-
Comox, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here over the long weekend. The staff were helpful and the rooms were clean. Nice bedding. Continential breakfast was a surprise and was just what we like for breakfast. Fruit and cereal.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fussells
Surrey, B.C. Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed here recently with our minor league baseball team. This place was good, nothing flashy, nothing majorly wrong with it, just a stock standard chain motel.

They did offer free wireless internet access which was an unexpected bonus. Although this hotel is the standard fair - there were a couple of standouts.

1. The staff was extremely helpful and willing to go that extra mile to make sure you have a great stay.
2. The breakfast buffet was above average. Hard boiled eggs were a nice touch. The eating area for breakfast is fairly small, but adequate.

Other than these 2 points, the hotel is the same you would find from Florida to Vancouver. Clean, average sized rooms. Close to everything in Kamloops. Would recommend it to anyone staying in Kamloops. We will return

Room Tip: They all looked the same to me. We stayed in the room closest to the lobby with no noise or disturba...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank barabsky
Kamloops
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I have been here for 3 weeks in a kitchen suite while waiting to move into a house i bought.

Positives:
- Probably the best part of the hotel are the staff. They always greet you when you come in and out and are always smiling.
- Foyer and rooms are kept clean and neat.
- Hot tub and sauna work great.
- wifi works flawless and is fast
- lots of cushy pillows
- no issues with vehicle security due to security cameras
Continental breakfast has great coffee, juice, muffins and bagels. They have now added peeled hard boiled eggs and Eggos.
- convenient location. Close to lots of shopping and services like restaurants and Tim Hortons

Issues:
-even on the 2nd day when I arrived my room card stopped working and they simply recoded it without verifying who I was and if I actually stayed in the room. This was the case whenever my crd stopped working. When my wife joined me later, she noticed the same thing.
- maintenance is the next biggest issue. A few things needed repair and were but the person is unqualified and were "fixed" for a few days until the problem returned. A patio table by the outdoor pool ( which is still closed at this time since it is only early April) had the glass broken and the glass has not been swept up for a week. The pool itself and the area surrounding needs cleaning up after the winter. the interior sliding door in our family room doesn't latch closed so it is basically useless.

-the cleaning staff could be provided with uniforms to look more professional.

Overall not pefect but ok since this hotel is the only one my relocation company will pay for directly in Kamloops. If the staff weren't so nice I would have gone somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family