“Would give lower rating if possible”

Silver Sage Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kamloops
Silver Sage Campground
Calgary, Canada
“Would give lower rating if possible”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Well if you like spaces that are 5' wide and a very angry campground host this is the place for you. Nice location & washrooms, but the surly behaviour of the manager was uncalled for. I checked in & had to pay cash before even seeing the site. I inadvertently paid for 4 nights when I had actually reserved for three. I realized the mistake within 5 minutes of arriving at the site and consulting my calendar & reported to manager the error and requested refund. I was promptly reminded of the cash only no refund policy! After a few minutes of discussion, he asked me to check back a couple days later. 2nd encounter, a clearly lost dog arrived at our campsite. When I took him to the managers office to see if he recognized the dog (perhaps from an adjacent mobile home park) he could only yell at me to get the dog off the deck! Sign said no dogs allowed on the deck. Nice! Turns out he actually did know who dog belonged to, and finally told me where to take the dog. 3rd encounter, checking out I asked for my refund, and was told he gave it to me the day before, which clearly he did not. We argued a bit about this fact and when 8 said he was basically accusing me of being a liar, he told me if I was going to "act like that" he wasn't going to do anything for me! Finally he called the owner to check receipts for the refunds issued the previous day, and lo and behold it wasn't to me! I got my money back for the one night that I overpaid, but it was the hardest $35.00 I ever had to work for! Rotten experience, small site, and a horrible manger that hates people and dogs! Camper beware!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, Walmart parking lot has better service
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MexicoVivi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Osnabruck, Germany
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the camp ground for one night, just me and my tent. The only reason I came was to take a shower and the fact that there is no hostel in Kamloops. The bathrooms were okay but the camp ground seems to be run by a questionable manager.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jan_Klenner
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My family and I were staying for two weeks. They accept "cash only" with no refunds. Our daughter came to stay with us for three nights in a tent, on our site, and was charged $25/night with no amenities. They have a 10 km speed limit in the park and when people were over by even 5 km, they screamed at them quite loudly. The washrooms are over a hill and there is no sewer hookup. Not only would I not recommend this site, I would never stay there again. Mount Paul is only 15 min away and a far better campground with pleasant managers.

Room Tip: My advice - stay somewhere where the managers appreciate your business! This couple certainly does...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Sheryl F
Edmonton
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This campground has been the worst private campsite that me and my family has ever been. Unfortunately, we were there during a long weekend. The space for the RV/trailers is very small, there is almost not room between sites. We were there in a long weekend and the people that run this private campsite just care about accepting people, speacilly with tents - more that the campsite can handle - plus they put a lot of RV/tents in the overflow, without taking into account that the washroom facility they provide is not enough for the amount of people they accept. Therefore, the washrooms in the morning are completely dirty and without toilet paper and soap because they only clean the washrooms in the afternoon.
In summary, this has been the worst campsite we have had the displeasure to go.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family