“Lovely place, great service and Best Fish Tacos ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quilas Mexican Restaurant

Quilas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 331 Restaurants in Kamloops
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver
“Lovely place, great service and Best Fish Tacos ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I really enjoy Mexican food and have had it all over the world! Imagine my surprise when I landed in Kamloops, BC for a conference and found excellent Mexican food. Freshly made and tasty tacos, lovely ceviche, amazing avocado soup and the best fish tacos I have ever tasted. Ambiance is great and people friendly and efficient! Too bad I don't live closer to Kamloops but will make a point to stop when I drive through!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank klyndaw

Lethbridge, Canada
“Smallish portions but remarkably edible”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Mexican restaurants in Kamloops range from the "avoid at all costs" Fiesta Mexicana to the "I can't possibly get enough" Senor Froggy's. Quilas falls in the middle as a certainly acceptable Mexican restaurant with decent food. The portions are a bit on the small side so don't expect to find your typical Southern California Mexican restaurant entrees which can feed a family of 8. (Yes, after nearly 20 years in L.A. and almost a full year in Mexico I must have had several thousands of meximeals and even though I'm a huge eater I wasn't able to finish most of them). However, the quality here is remarkably good, the salsa's only problem is that it comes in tiny bowls which empty quickly so you have to ask for more, but the jalapenos on the nachos are big and meaty and scrumptious so it more or less makes up for it. Overall it's a good choice for a Mexican meal if you're not exactly ravenous but IMHO you'd still be better off walking a block down and hitting Senor Froggy's and their indescribably delicious salsa bar!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton, Canada
“Mexican food craving fulfilled”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

On our recent drive trip from Edmonton to Whistler, we hit Kamloops around dinner time. My wife being from Texas enjoys good Mexican food and we stumbled upon Quilas on-line. The restaurant is easy to find and parking is close as well. the staff was very friendly and the menu has just the right amount of items on it. The food was served quickly and was extremely tasty. we are planning on stopping back in for lunch on our return trip.

1 Thank XperiencedTravlr
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food and awesome service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This was a fantastic find for some pretty authentic Mexican food in Kamloops. I especially enjoyed the fish tacos. Fish was perfectly cooked and in freshly made corn tortillas. You start the meal with fresh made corn tortilla chips which were still warm and fresh delicious salsa. The lady who owned the place was more than happy to serve us even though we walked in almost at closing. She was lovely and helpful. Overall I'll definitely go back again.

Visited April 2014
“Yummy Authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

You don't find authentic Mexican restaurants around too often and I finally found one. The fish tacos are one of my faves and the mojitos are great too. All the ingredients are very fresh and the tortillas are homemade. The owner is a lovely lady who really spends time getting to know her customers. I will be back again for sure

1 Thank Marybeary