“Superb Sports Facility”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Superb Sports Facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Wow!! Incredible place...10 soccer fields, 12 baseball diamonds and twin arena all in one massive park. Plus outer ring walking path and a golf course. Must see if you are in Kamloops!

1 Thank Jeff P

Seattle
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Crazy Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was very impressed with the leadership and foresight it took to create this extensive athletic complex . .its massive and high quality. There is a nice river trail that loops around the entire park. It also has the largest and talking with the kids, the best skate bike park I have ever seen. The City of Kamloops markets itself as the "Tournament Capital " . . approximately 9 soccer fields along with 9 baseball fields for different age groups, curling rink and 2 full size hockey rinks, skate park and at least one restaraunt. Great idea, most players get a hotel room, have 2 parents with them, food, misc recreation for 2 or more days . . Good boost to the economy of the city.

1 Thank Todd A
Kamloops, Canada
231 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 275 helpful votes
“I like the Golf Course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I did not see a separate listing for the Golf Course, so I thought I would plug one in here, under the general heading. The course is small. I would call it a large pitch & putt or an executive.
Anyways, if you want a fast, short game, its perfect. Only $ 16.80 for 9 holes, and very scenic.
We enjoy going for a quick round, fresh air, and exercise. Good place for beginners too .

1 Thank rocketman000
Prince George, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“I wish we had a facility like this at home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were here for a soccer tournament in May. Wow. The soccer fields themselves were in reasonable condition (my son, who played, said they could have been a bit smoother, but that's minor). There were plenty of mature trees under which you could stand or sit for protection from light rain or too much sun. Lots of parking at various points around the perimeter of the fields area.

Note that the road around the outside of the fields is a one-way running counter-clockwise (if you're looking at it from the top down). The first time I went there, I turned left (to drive clockwise, in effect) to go to our field, got as far as the far end of the parking lot next to the sports building, then had to make a U-turn and drive all the way back around the other way (counter-clockwise) to get to the field where I wanted to go.

Looks like there's a foot path around the grounds, outside of the roadway. Also has a pitch-and-putt golf course and a few baseball fields. Quite the facility.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank A K
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“My favorite park in Kamloops”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visit her about once a week just to sit under a tree with baby and relax near the river. Clean washrooms, plenty of space for privacy and paved pathway to walk on is well kept. Great place to hang out on a sunny day!

Visited May 2014