“You have to eat here!!”

Salajai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 349 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Salajai is the only Thai Restaurant in Kamloops
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The food is so fresh (made when ordered) and the staff so nice that I have personally introduced at least 15 people to this restaurant and all have left to return again.

1  Thank gnome19

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We ordered the tung yum goong soup, the portion of which was big and tasty. The main for dinner was a green curry chicken. The taste was adjusted so that it was not even mildly spicy in any standard. But then it still tasted reasonably good. If you like sweetened beverages, their Thai iced tea is the best i have tried anywhere in a Thai restaurant.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Though not sure when we first entered the restaurant, as the decor is a cross between western/canadian/asian, we continued on and were delighted with the food.

We started with chicken satay that were juicy, nicely spiced and came with a tasty peanut dipping sauce. We then tried the GANG DANG NOR-MAI (BAMBOO) Chicken, Beef or Pork 14.95
- Red curry with bamboo shoots, red and green peppers, carrots and basil, which has become a favorite and we order it whenever we go.

We also tried GRATIEM PIK THAI - Beef was our choice (other choices are Garlic/Black Pepper, Chicken, Pork) 13.95. -a full flavored meat dish on a bed of lettuce, w/ sliced cucumber & tomato on the side. This was nicely presented and the beef was tender and very flavorful.

The sides of rice et cetera are generous and arrived hot/ steaming.

We try to get one new dish on every visit and recommend it without reservation.

1  Thank yaletowners
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for some good Thai food, we read about it on Trip Advisor and chose it. We had Drunken Noodles, Red Curry, rice and hot sauce and shaker chilis (wow! Hot but so good). The service was not great, that's why I gave it a 4, but the food was worth it. I would try it again.

1  Thank Maybellelovesfood
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The owner have me the wrong order, called me at home saying I took the wrong order when he handed me the wrong one and asked if we had opened it so we could bring it back. I also paid twice as much for the wrong order. Very, very disappointed in the owner and the way he handled the whole situation as he implied it was my fault. Doubt I'll go there again.

1  Thank cowboystevie