Knights Inn Kamloops
Star Lodge(Kamloops)
Hospitality Inn(Kamloops)
Grandview Motel(Kamloops)
View Hotel
All reviewsfriendly managementfront desk personcoffee makerbeds were comfortablemini fridgedefinitely stay here againnice roomcontinental breakfastfurnitureriverdowntowntubhighway
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We split up our drive from Vancouver Island back to Alberta with an overnight stay in Kamloops. We found out upon arriving in Kamloops that the Seniors Olympics was being hosted in town and that available rooms were few and far between. We had very limited options, even with dive motels.

We stopped at <name withheld> motel along Hwy 1 and secured their last available room. Our room was clean and good enough for a brief overnight stay however after loading in our bags and flipping back the sheets we found a bug on the pillow. Perhaps not a bed bug (grub/roach looking thing) however I was not prepared to take a chance. We immediately left the room and (painfully) got our money back after an hour of screwing around.

We continued through the motel district area off Hwy 1 (now an hour behind schedule) and were having great difficulty finding an available room. In hindsight I really wished I would have powered through another 1.5 hours to the next town past kamloops but after driving all day followed by the bed bug/refund ordeal at the previous motel we were pretty exhausted and visibly needed a rest.

Knight's Inn...had Room 301 available with a king size bed for $125 (incl taxes). Every other terrible review online about this derelict motel is incredibly accurate.

This was absolutely the most disgusting, the NASTIEST place I have stayed in all my travels around the world (both 1st and 3rd world). Just nasty and filthy. Hygiene and cleanliness of the room was well below standards, even for a dive motel. I would have sooner slept upright in our car on the side of road, we would have got a better rest and felt more secure for our health and safety.

The room appeared to NEVER have been cleaned or at least vaccuumed in between guests; there were food crumbs, dirt, toe nails, a roach carcass, a cigarette butt and other debris well-pressed into the carpet. We did not take our shoes off and left most of our belongings (and food) in our car. The bed sheets were not fresh but the only semi-clean item in the room (at least that's what we told ourselves in order to get some rest). We slept fully clothed and did not touch the top sheet/comforter since they were definately filthy and would probably give you a staph infection. All luggage was kept off the floor. The room was overpowered with the smell of stale smoke, food crumbs, and mold. Light switches didn't work and the room was dimly lit. The AC unit did not work. The windows could not open. There were no baseboards and gaps around the door(s). Paint was peeling and walls were moldy. The kitchenette featured a stove with no elements, a fridge that didn't work, food stains/crumbs and exposed electrical/wiring. The bathroom was covered in mildew and black mold. The complimentary breakfast was a joke. The deadbolt appeared to have been half-assed repaired from someone kicking in the door.

It honestly appeared to me that Room 301 was abandoned years ago and that it only gets rented out to take advantage of tired travellers when vacancies are limited. The limited repairs done to the room were hack jobs performed by Mickey Mouse's inbred cousin.

We were tired desperate travellers and we were hustled by this sleazy motel. This was the last night after a perfect honeymoon, only to add insult to injury. I voiced my displeasure to the front desk clerk and received the expected empty-apology and binary broken-english response. The front desk clerk was right...if I did not like the room we shouldn't have stayed there. And I encourage those reading these terrible reviews of Knight's Inn to do the same. AVOID THIS MOTEL!

***The owners/management should be absolutely ashamed to be operating a business like this in Canada. *** I will be following up this review with a phone call to the Kamloops health board to pay Knight's Inn a visit.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in Room 301 !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColouringBook
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We were fortunate to stay in a reno'ed room. It's a quaint little hotel with friendly helpful staff. The hallway carpets and enterance need replacing as they are well worn. THe only complaint about the room was the a/c unit needs replacing (filter needs cleaning and some buttons broken). There was new paint and new flooring. The breakfast is basic toast, muffins and cereal. The hot tub was out of service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Deciding at the last minute to stop in Kamloops for the night left us with limited options to choose from. Arriving late in the night we decided to try and save some money since we’d only need a hotel for 7 hours. Unfortunately the pictures on Expedia mislead me into believing this would be an alright place to stay for just a short sleep. Upon arrival the outside looked okay for a motel and we thought the inside may be okay too– we were very wrong. Walking into the hallway leading to our room the entire floor reeked of smoked, even though we had specifically asked for non-smoking and there were apparent non-smoking signs everywhere. We entered our room and immediately turned around to lock the door however, the deadbolt was apparently stuck or jammed and the chain-lock was torn off the wall! My boyfriend suspected the chain-lock could only be broken that way from the door being kicked in – just great. The carpet was beyond stained and the room smelt musty, which was of course accompanied by the smell of smoke. The air-conditioner turned on however it did not actually blow out cold air. The air that did manage to blow out smelt like mildew. We were at ground level which made me feel very uncomfortable since there are slum apartments literally right outside your window with rowdy unruly people occupying them. We reassured ourselves it was just a place to crash, and like always we would be up and back on the road by 7 a.m. I did not trust the cleanliness of the room and refused to sleep under the covers or in anything but my clothes, I took a coat out of my bag and used it to cover the pillow I planned on using. My boyfriend however was braver than I and decided it’d “probably be fine” and he could sleep in just his boxers. Even with long sleeves, pants and socks I still began to feel itchy. My boyfriend reassured me it was probably just in our heads and we were not falling victim to bed bugs. We finally tried to settle down and within only a few minutes a brawl began to break out on the street. All we could hear was men screaming and yelling and heard what appeared to be glassing breaking and shattering. Startled we got up and decided it was time to go. We did not feel safe and our vehicle was most definitely not. We quickly made an exit for the front desk, luckily we were refunded our money. We drove a short drive down the street to an established hotel and checked in. The first thing we did in our new room was shower and scrub ourselves down! My boyfriend felt that he had been bit on his legs, we inspected them only to find bites that formed the shape of a triangle – you know what that means. The moral of the story is, do not try to save a quick buck. And do not think that this dump is an appropriate place to spend a night or even an hour in our case! Just shell out the cash for a comfortable place that caters to human needs! If I could rate this place any lower, I would.

Room Tip: Save your money and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CanadianCritique
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This place is a disgrace,the carpets are stained so badly,that you can't take your shoes off!!It needs major work and a major clean up!The room smelled of stale curry!The stove has not been cleaned for weeks,old food on the burners!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Will D
JNahal, Manager at Knights Inn Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and to bring these issue’s to our attention,
we strive to make everyone’s stay at the Knights Inn Kamloops enjoyable and we did not meet your expiations and for that we apologies. We have addresses these issues with our housekeeping team and they have been corrected. In regards to the carpet we will be replacing all carpet’s through out the building during the winter months. Once again we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and we would humbly ask that you try our property again to see the improvements.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I have never seen a dirtier room. I was afraid to take my shoes off. The sink didn't drain. The bathroom floor looked like it had never been mopped. A pillow missing a case. The sheets had hairs all over them.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Sean C
JNahal, Manager at Knights Inn Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we take house keeping issues very seriously and rest assure they have been addressed. We will be replacing all carpet during the winter months, we do realize this is a serious issue . We are truly sorry that we did not meet your
expectation’s we strive hard to make all our guest’ s happy. We would love for you to return to our
property and see the changes we have implemented.