“Nasty”

Knights Inn Kamloops
Ranked #47 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
“Nasty”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

While looking for a room on a budget and being an employee of the Wyndam Hotel group I even got a discount, I wouldnt spend $20 a night to stay here. When we first walked through our door, it was ok at first. Then we noticed everything dirty. The kitchenette, bathroom, headboards. We had a nice big window but only a small portion of it opened ( I don't think my 10yr old son would fit through it in case of emergency), the door lock was busted and everything smelled. We looked for another hotel so we could leave this one but couldnt find one in our budget so we reluctantly stayed. The next day, we were gone all day and came back at 7pm to find the housekeeper doing rooms across the hall, expecting our room to be done, we went in to find our beds not made, garbages still full, the empty tissue box still on the bathroom counter, coffee station not restocked. I went and asked the housekeeper if they dont do services here and she said they do, I asked her for towels and she said she gave some to us already...so apperently they only do towels. We dont get to go away and stay in hotels much so its a nice treat when we do, I was VERY disappointed in this one. The pictures on the website dont even look like this hotel other than the exterior picture. Absolutely horrid, I wouldnt recommend to my worst enemy.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank TTraverse
KnightsInnkamloops, Manager at Knights Inn Kamloops, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Good Day TTraverse,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the Knights Inn, Kamloops. I am very sorry for the problem you faced during your stay with us. We are working on training our new housekeeping staff to manage duties efficiently and we are also renovating our rooms so that guests can have a good experience during their stay with us. We were not aware of the door lock issue you faced and have now fixed that problem. We thank you for pointing out exactly the problems that you encountered. This will help us improve our services and also serve you better in the future. We would like you to give us an opportunity to come stay in our hotel again and we would ensure that you have a pleasant stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here on a monthly rental basis for 15 months.I wasn't staying with a roommate.Bus stops are right in front of this hotel(both from and to downtown) which is a big convenience.Almost all the major buses pass through these stops.The service that the staff provided was excellent.Any problem was dealt within a reasonable time.The staff were always vigilant during night shifts and made sure that everything was going ok.One of the minor problem was that sound would carry through the walls and the floor.This led to complaints and disturbances at times.The kitchen had very less space around the sink and it was very difficult to keep utensils and other items.The fridge was pretty small.I think that's understandable as it's meant for day to day stay.Overall it was a pretty good stay and i would recommend that if one is a student and is planing to stay without a roommate,this place is your best bet if you can adjust a little bit with the problems stated above.

Room Tip: Select the view side room,with the balcony.It's awsome.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Aniket D
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

...not so nice that workers were working after midnight. The ones above us walked heavy, and were dragging materials around and doing something inside the walls that resonated down to our room. I'm sure they were trying to be quiet (no power tools, no talking), but after midnight? whats up with that?

All said and done, i would stay there again, since I'm a cheapskate. Our room had a Kitchenette which saves money on Restaurants. Real Canadian Superstore is just 2 blocks away, so easy to get a cheap meal happening. Minimal pots, pans, implements, etc. so bring your own + check kitchen on arrival. Staff try to help the best they can, so if you ask they might be able to suppy you with what is missing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Quixotica

Travellers are raving about these Kamloops hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I booked this hotel because it was a great rate with a breakfast.
The breakfast was not open before I left in the morning, and after seeing the state of my room, I felt very reserved at eating anything from there.
The bathroom was dirty, the bottom and sides of the bathtub were peeling to expose the orange layer below- how does that get sanitized? Not to worry, there was plenty of dirt and hair from the previous occupants in the bathtub anyways. While I reluctantly had a shower, a bug (sew bug, i like to think of them as Canadian cockroaches) went crawling up the wall.
The bathroom sink was still dirty. The hallways do smell, and the rooms smell, maybe not as bad as the hallway.
The TV remote: filfthy- they must have forgot to clean it in some time.
The kitchenette sink was dirty, ice bucket dirty, fridge smelled horrible.
I feel like I was accidentally placed in an used/condemned room.

I do not blame the cleaning staff for the lack of cleanliness, as it appears as though the standards of what/how things are to be cleaned have not been set.

The railings going up to the room are held together with duct tape, there are huge stains on the hallway floors. The gaps under the doors previously mentioned also very true.

Management needs to decide to make some serious changes to their practices.

Long story short: fiflthy rooms, I am going home hoping that I am not bringing with me little critter friends. Oh but the staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I booked this room for one night as I was volunteering on a late shift at the Tim Hortons Brier and we live more than an hour out of Kamloops. As others have described in their reviews, this facility is in need of major renovations or demolition. There are gaps of up to 2" between the doors and floor. The floor is sloping; filthy carpets and walls; paint peeling; graffiti on the doors & in publications (including the F___ word). Substandard wiring/some outlets and switches not working. The room wreaked of smoke although it is advertized as a non-smoking room. I suspect the smoke smell is imbedded in the paint, furniture and carpet after years as a smoking room. After using the shower the bathroom had a very strong cigarette smoke smell for the duration of our one night stay. We were unsure whether the bedding was clean but took a chance that it was. I tried to buy a bottle of water in the evening from the vending machine outside our room but was ripped off. I talked to the manager that night and was told he couldn't do anything for me as it belonged to Coca Cola. In the morning he refunded my money.

Breakfast was a joke. It is housed in an unheated room and consisted of cereal, white bread for toasting, jam & peanut butter, orange juice & poor quality coffee. We decided to have breakfast at a restaurant.

We were fortunate to have gotten a room at a reduced rate because a family member works for the Wyndham Group. I think we still paid too much!

STAY AWAY!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
JNahal, Manager at Knights Inn Kamloops, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. Rest assured that we take all comments from guests very seriously and apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. We also wish to advise you that we are doing renovations to our facility which includes the replacement of carpets and furniture and fixtures in our rooms. While the pop machine is operated by Coca Cola as we informed you, we were more than happy to refund your money in the morning. We would welcome another opportunity to have you as a guest in the future.

Regards,
Manager, Knights Inn
Chase, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here for a night and I will NOT be doing that again! We did not want to stay in town and my husband normally stays in that area where this motel is while hunting but could not remember which one that he likes - this one had better not be it because we will not be returning there again! It smells funny, I do not know if the bed covers are changed - thank goodness we had a sleeping bag - and it is just downright nasty. The front desk attendand was friendly but that was the only good thing that I can say.

Room Tip: RUN away as fast as you can. There are NO good rooms!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

The place is in need of some care. The smell of the place is bad. The bath in the bathroom was painted over and now it is all peeling. There was no shampoo. The guy at the reception was nice. At night the room was really cold and there was no place to turn the heat on. For this sort of money you can get a much better place. Stay away. There are a lot of alternatives.

Stayed December 2013