“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Canada
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for one night on our way back to Edmonton. Great new hotel. Would stay here again. Service was awesome.

It's right next to a train tracks. I stayed on the train track side but honestly did not hear a thing. I could see how this could be a draw back for some people but honestly you gotta stay here!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Phonolog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had been told not to expect much from accommodations in Kamloops but with the opening of the Sandman Signature Kamloops no longer lacks an upscale hotel. The Sandman is nice, new and extremely comfortable. The bathroom had all the usual amenities plus two thick terry bathrobes. There was a large, modern sofa so we didn't have to watch TV from the bed. One minor complaint: we're not fans of the duvet/comforter trend in hotels and the one on our king bed was extremely heavy. On the plus side our room overlooked the lovely Riverfront Park and was extremely quiet. If there was train noise we certainly didn't hear it. The AC was easy to control and kept us consistently comfortable despite the almost 100 degree heat outside. Numerous restaurants were within walking distance throughout the cute downtown area. Our visit was brief so we can't comment on service at the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the river side for quiet and a view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PippasMom641
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I travel on business a lot & I am eager to try new spots. I tried the new Sandman Signature in Kamloops. The hotel is very nice, the rooms are large & the staff are great. The on site restaurant, Sharks Club has great food & great beverage selections. You know the old saying "Location Is Everything". This is where everything goes sour. The hotel Is about 100 meters from British Columbia's busiest rail lines. Heavy freight trains go past the hotel on average every 40min 24 hours a day. So if your room is on The City side of the hotel, say goodbye to a rest full sleep. No problem you say? I'll just book a room on the park side.....Not a chance. All the park side rooms are blocked off for passengers on the "Rocky Mountain Express" So if you visit there during the tourist season your out of luck. It's really too bad, because this hotel really had potential...I suggest you give this one a pass & you should stay on the upper side of Kamloops.

Room Tip: Do not get a City Side Room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel. It certainly won't be our last stay as the service was fabulous and everyone friendly and helpful. My husband chose this for it's location as we were able to walk to anything we wanted to do from a great dinner at the Keg or a walk around downtown and the park. This meant we could both enjoy our celebration drinks and not worry about driving afterward. Jay at the front desk even upgraded us to a fabulous king suite when he found out it was our 40th anniversary. We did not find the trains kept us awake. It would be nice if there were a choice of pillows. Great for propping but not so wonderful for sleeping on.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina S
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The room was spacious and nicely decorated, and being a new hotel everything was fresh and new. The staff that we met were universally charming and helpful. The location is just fine, ideally placed between the main street and the park/waterfront. I suppose my only gripe would be that, travelling with a 14 yr old, it would have been nice to be able to drop into the bar and while away the evening in a corner playing cards (it was almost 40c outside so we were pretty thirsty) but our son wasn't allowed in, thus banishing us to our room! Otherwise, it was great.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

First time at this property, have stayed at many other Signature properties. The decor was very stylish both inside the lobby and the rooms themselves. Now admittedly I had a room on the rear of the building (facing the park), I never heard a train, although a couple of times I felt trains passing, it wasn't enough to bother me.

I loved how the floor to ceiling windows opened, as the view over the park to the surrounding hills was stunning. My only complaint was that the Wifi was intermittent, especially when I was trying to work.

The shark club was a refreshing change, usually they are fairly dark, a typical 90's sports bar. The one at this property has huge 20' floor to ceiling windows, even with all the light coming in, it didn't detract from the huge tv screens.

I definitely will be staying here again when I'm in town at the end of August!

Room Tip: No issues with train noise on the park side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mat C
Vancouver
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Such a beautiful new property, right across from a riverside park. Staff were lovely, room was nice, bedding great. But I am mystified that anyone would build a hotel like this practically on top of railway tracks that are used 24-7. The trains were constant all night, I never slept even one minute. Definitely will not be back. Such a shame!

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side might be quieter, but I doubt it would make much difference as the train tra...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GM_SignatureKamloops, Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hello and thank you for your comments. As you may know from reading other posts- depending on sleep habits- the effect varies from guest to guest when staying on the city side. Park is not effected.

Once again thanks and talk to you soon

J