“Awesome hotel and customer service”

Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel
Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Edmonton, Canada
“Awesome hotel and customer service”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at the Sandman Signature hotel in Kamloops . It is beautiful and very well done! The location is right beside the park along the river, very beautiful!
The staff went above and beyond assisting me to ensure an exceptional experience. This hotel will give you the best Kamloops has to offer.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank wendy b
GM_SignatureKamloops, Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for your accolades! We have the best team in Kamloops and I will be sure to pass along your comments to them

J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly front desk staff has assigned me the room that's facing the Riverside Park! And I was up with sunshine every single morning! Room is great, clean and tidy! The bed is very nice, extremely love it, I was having a hard time to get up in the morning though, it was just way too comfortable. If somebody can tell me the brand of the bedding would be greatly appreciated! Hotel is closed to everything, and downtown is walking distance. They also have a Shark Club attached the Signature, so it's definitely a plus! I would definitely go back to this hotel if I go to Kamloops again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hello and thank you for being an advocate. Brand of the linen is Eden Textile which are located in Vancouver. Call me at the hotel and would be more than happy to put you in contact with the company.

Thanks again and will be sure to cascade to our team.

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Spent one night in Kamloops aboard the Rocky Mountaineer Train in this hotel. Amazed that this is near desert, the temperature reached 40C a few days before we arrived. Hotel is very close to the rail station and rooms are very comfortable. The super king size bed was excellent, my wife nearly needed a bunk up, the mattress was so thick. We can recommend the Noble Pig pub at the other end of the main street for home brewed beer and good food in their garden. A historic car rally was in town and the riverside park had blues music. A great night on a great train journey.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the park if there is music on
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hello and great to hear you enjoyed our Signature beds...............these beds are made specifically for our brand and are certainly one of kind experiences.

Kamloops is one of the best places on earth and glad to hear you enjoyed a brief snap shot of what our community has to offer.

Lincolnshire
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife & I spent 1 night here as part of a Rocky Mountaineer experience. We were concerned at first because train hosts remarked they'd be interested to know how we (and others) found it. They added that RM hadn;t been using it for long.

First, we expected a basic room but, after reading other reviews, maybe we got a suite! It had everything; fully equipped kitchen with sink, fridge, cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, crocks, pans, cutlery, can opener, scissors etc, even including dishwasher. Our room overlooked the park and river (across the road and car park that was well laid out and generated no audible noise all night, despite having a window open).

The bathroom had 2 doors, one from the entrance lobby, the other from the bedroom via a walk-through wardrobe. Everything was great and we'd love to go back sometime.

Because of the excellent RM Gold Leaf catering we ate a "light" evening meal and were well satisfied with quantity, quality & price. Because RM provided breakfast on the train we had no need to sample the hotel's. The only blackspot to us was the noisy sports bar where the World Cup was creating a lot of feeling but even that was well away from our part of the building.

Our 4th floor room was accessed by elevator so, having read other reviews I wonder are we talking about the same hotel? Could a revamp make all this difference?

Room Tip: Go for the river view with mountain backdrop, it matches beautiful Queenstown in New Zealand. Don...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your post. Good to hear your expectation were met.

We hope you had a great trip with Rocky Mountaineer and made it home safe.

Thanks for visiting Kamloops!

vancouver
Reviewed 11 August 2014

3 months old and can't say anything bad about it. Okay the lights over the bed need a rethink but you can bend the reading light out of the way to avoid hitting your head when you get up. Check in was fine maybe a little long but it's all new and everyone has to get used to it. Location is great right down by the river not a lot in downtown but there is a shark club attached which was great. I drove by a few hotels on the way and I think you'd be happy at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_SignatureKamloops, Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello and thank you so very much for your lovely comments - please you had a great stay and enjoyed the hotel.

See you again soon

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is brand new, beautifully done, modern European look, spacious, with plenty of amenities. The Shark Club is a nice addition and relaxing sports bar. Close to downtown and right across the street from the "Interior Savings Arena and Riverside Park. But it is also across the 60' parking lot to one other thing, CP RAIL Mainline!!! One side of the hotel faces the river, and the park and that I'm sure is very nice, but the side I was in got the 3:00am, 5:01am, and 7:00am trains. Almost right across from our room was a crossing, yep you guessed it the crossing bells were going off as well, and a 75 to 125 car train going slow, well I'm sure you can imagine. So I will say stay it is a very nice place, just make sure when booking you call, and insist on the park side, unless you like the sound of trains!! I'm thinking a wee bit more spent could have got them triple pain glass on the train side to show their guests some consideration.

Room Tip: Park side rooms are MUCH quieter, make sure to ask for it, otherwise great place.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and I see you've experience our Manhattan style rooms....our design included foundation work, rated windows and structural work to reduce exposure from the trains. We do offer branded ear plugs and white noise machines for light sleeper.

Will see you soon and thanks for your comments

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a great hotel. I honestly don't have a bad thing to say. Hotel staff were great. Room Service great. Beds, GREAT!!! I just wish there were more of these hotels in BC/AB!! I will never stay at another hotel if I have the option to stay here. The room rates great if you hate paying for a hotel like me. Clean, modern, and all around wonderful!!!

Room Tip: It is right by a train track, we weren't disturbed by the train but ask for a park view room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bmac36
Thank you for being such an advocate for our brand! We look forward to seeing you again soon