“new hotel but right by railroad tracks”

Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel
Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed 19 August 2014

this hotel is right by a main rail line cannot sleep all night so beware try get a room in the back of hotel . not very clean for a new hotel ,it looks as if it put there for a money grab bad xperience . pay lots a money to stay but wow it needs some sound proofing

Room Tip: try ur best get a room from the railroad tracks
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GM_SignatureKamloops, Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Hello and thank you for your email. I appreciate you letting me know about your experience. My leadership team and I have reviewed your comments and can assure you this was an isolated incident as it pertains to our cleanliness- not our usual standard as we consistently score very high.
As for the train, depending of sleep patterns we get mixed reviews- we have many sleep aids available for our guests

again thanks

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We recently stayed as part of our Rocky Mountaineer trip. Overall the hotel was fresh and new and a great addition to Kamloops. I unfortunately experienced a glitch with the staff: on arrival in our room we placed our toiletries in the washroom and shut the door. We discovered that the door to the washroom was accidentally locked. We told the clerk at the front desk. She said there was nothing she could do since the maintenance person was gone for the day and she'd failed at opening the doors previously. She seemed to have no intention of contacting anyone. I panicked since as a cancer patient I cannot be away from my medications. Imagine if we'd a toddler locked in!

Fortunately a young man who said he'd been working only a week was also there and in 10 seconds was able to open the door. I sent an email with my concern about my treatment to the corporate office. It has been a week now and I've heard nothing. Perhaps this hotel (chain) felt nothing was amiss.

Room Tip: Request river view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_SignatureKamloops, Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hello and thank you for your comments. I appreciate the fact you cared enough to let us know about your experience. In the cases, we take the approach of coaching and mentoring our people to ensure they deliver a flawless experience. This was handled in manner.

Once again thank you for your comments- it is comments like these that help us grow.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed one night as part of the Rocky Mountaineer experience. Hotel was very new and still had a few rough edges to knock off but overall this will be an excellent hotel. Our room had a bedroom and a living room and kitchen area which I could imagine as being excellent for a longer stay using Kamloops as a base for touring. Nice location in a friendly town. Good parking. Near the centre and a nice park area. Close to the rail station. Definitely worth a look.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hello and thanks for your comments- pleased to hear you enjoyed Kamloops and your stay.

Regards

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I just returned from a work trip wherein I stayed 4 nights in this hotel. The hotel is new, so for the most part it is very clean, which is great. It has a very modern feel, from the lobby through to the rooms. The attached Shark Club restaurant is a great place for dinner and drinks, it's basically an upscale Hooters. My room was 315 for the duration of the stay. Midway through my stay I heard people discussing the "odd versus even" numbered rooms, and this is why- odd numbered rooms are located a stones through away from a set of train tracks. A BUSY set of tracks, complete with two crossing barriers with bells. The first night the rumble of the train literally shook me in my bed, and the noise woke me up quickly. I woke up at EVERY crossing of trains during my stay. I could have switched rooms, I'm sure, but I was completely unpacked and not wanting to repack to move. The housekeepers are stingy on the replacement of toiletries. Room 315 also had two large dinner sized faded stains on the duvet cover, disheartening for a brand new hotel. It is in a good location for walking to shops and restaurants downtown, but if you stay here, do NOT stay in odd numbered rooms, you will NOT sleep through the night.

Room Tip: No NOT stay in odd numbered rooms unless you find the noise and vibration of trains restful!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank whippetlovr
GM_SignatureKamloops, Owner at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hello and thank you for your comments- the train does have an impact on light sleepers and the reason we are very transparent when making reservations. That being said, we also provide sleep aids to ensure our guests have a restful sleep.

We also have many guest that have no issues with the rumble and again- depending on sleep habits.

Thanks again for your comments and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at the Sandman Signature hotel in Kamloops . It is beautiful and very well done! The location is right beside the park along the river, very beautiful!
The staff went above and beyond assisting me to ensure an exceptional experience. This hotel will give you the best Kamloops has to offer.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank wendy b

Thank you for your accolades! We have the best team in Kamloops and I will be sure to pass along your comments to them

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly front desk staff has assigned me the room that's facing the Riverside Park! And I was up with sunshine every single morning! Room is great, clean and tidy! The bed is very nice, extremely love it, I was having a hard time to get up in the morning though, it was just way too comfortable. If somebody can tell me the brand of the bedding would be greatly appreciated! Hotel is closed to everything, and downtown is walking distance. They also have a Shark Club attached the Signature, so it's definitely a plus! I would definitely go back to this hotel if I go to Kamloops again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Hello and thank you for being an advocate. Brand of the linen is Eden Textile which are located in Vancouver. Call me at the hotel and would be more than happy to put you in contact with the company.

Thanks again and will be sure to cascade to our team.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Spent one night in Kamloops aboard the Rocky Mountaineer Train in this hotel. Amazed that this is near desert, the temperature reached 40C a few days before we arrived. Hotel is very close to the rail station and rooms are very comfortable. The super king size bed was excellent, my wife nearly needed a bunk up, the mattress was so thick. We can recommend the Noble Pig pub at the other end of the main street for home brewed beer and good food in their garden. A historic car rally was in town and the riverside park had blues music. A great night on a great train journey.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the park if there is music on
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello and great to hear you enjoyed our Signature beds...............these beds are made specifically for our brand and are certainly one of kind experiences.

Kamloops is one of the best places on earth and glad to hear you enjoyed a brief snap shot of what our community has to offer.