“A little disappointing”

Abc Family Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Aberdeen
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We were staying at Days Inn so decided to dine here as it was next door. Our server was very pleasant but food was of fair quality only and service was slow. The restaurant had also run out of draught beer and French dressing. A pleasant outlook towards downtown from some tables. This restaurant is not well organised.

1  Thank John_M255115

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I had the chicken pot pie which was quite good. It came with a salad which was very fresh. My husband had the pulled pork soup which he said was good as well. The only bad thing was that he had to eat his soup with a teaspoon as they could not find the soup spoons. Really???? The prices were a bit higher than I thought they were going to be but were about average. I may have been comparing this type of restaurant to those I have been in in the U.S.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

What can you say about an ABC Restaurant as mostly everyone has eaten there, but I just had to put in this review as our group had brunch there and man, they have the best home-made hashbrowns that I've ever had. The rest of the brunch and the service were great, as always.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

The restaurant is close to the Days Inn hotel so very convenient. We had a senior meal which consisted of a choice of main meal together with a dessert pie to follow all for CAN$11.99.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We managed to walk to this restaurant down the hill from the Hampton Inn about 10 mins and noticed everyone going in, as it was a Friday they do a buffett special, it not pretentious and fine dining it isn't, but it is cheap and cheerful. Some of the items had been round a while but the quantity was great and the beef joint was very good, you could round again if you wanted. So overall we got what we paid for at $12 dollars each and it was very good indeed.