“Excellent food and amazing service”

Brownstone Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 345 Restaurants in Kamloops
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The food, service and ambiance at Brownstone are amazing. I had never been to Kamloops before this trip, so looked up on Tripadvisor which restaurants are the best in the city. Brownstone was one on the list. My husband and I went at 6:30pm on a Friday evening. The staff went out of their way to rearrange tables on the small, quaint, European style patio so we could sit out there. I honestly felt as if I were in Europe out on that patio with its brick wall and lovely herb and vegetable garden. Our server was incredible; not only knowledgeable about the food but also very personable and great to talk to. The food was wonderful. My husband had a tomato lentil soup to start and the pork chop as his main - both were incredible. I had the duck, which was also extremely good. For dessert we had tiramisu and creme brule - yum!

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others and would surely go back. Also, the prices were very good for the excellent quality.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Great interiors with an intimate feel, excellent service with knowledgeable and personable waiter, share plate sampler of Jonah crab cake, prawns, beef short rib and Thai chicken satay made a fantastic modest sized meal. The trout with mango in banana leaf was fantastic. Tiramisu topped off a great meal.

1  Thank fishinguy1976
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I had the mushroom stuff chicken, it was amazing. He had the salmon and loved it. We both cleared our plates and enjoyed a dessert. Portion's were very good felt full even after I enjoyed a three hour long dinner date. :-) I will come back and tell my friends!
Thanks for a great night out in Kamloops!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

In this past, Brownstone has always received high ratings from us. Classically trained chef, Dale, puts together interesting menus with a focus on local products. The service was always impeccable and the food consistently delicious. Great value for the quality of food. However, we've recently had two less than ideal experiences there. Both times, the owners weren't on site (we keep forgetting to bypass the place when Dale isn't in the kitchen). Overall, it's still an excellent restaurant, but you'll definitely want to find an alternative for Sundays, Mondays and any other day the Dale isn't cooking.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly, welcoming waitress who quickly took us to our table. The service throught the meal was excellent - very attentive without being obtrusive. The food was superb; we had a sampler sharing dish to start which was fantastic followed by duck breast (me) and lamb (my wife) and these were even better than the starter. The restaurant was very busy (midweek in June) and this created a lovely atmosphere for an enjoyable evening out. Locally sourced produced used. I would definitely recommend.