“Great Duck & Lamb dishes!”

Brownstone Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 344 Restaurants in Kamloops
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was my second experience at Brownstone, and we found both experiences very pleasing. Taking into consideration that it is pricey, we went for our wedding anniversary. We started with the sampler plate (consisted of 4 appies- each delicious), my husband chose the lamb and it was fantastic and my duck entree was incredible. We finished with cheesecake that was pretty good but I've had better. Overall, great service, great atmosphere, and incredible flavour to food.

One negative aspect is that because the restaurant is in a heritage house, when it fills up (or there is a loud table beside you) it can be difficult to hear the person you actually want to hear.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Brownstones reputation definitely preceded our visit. Our last minute call for reservations caused some concern but the staff made it happen and the Birthday Girl got her special meal. We started with the Chefs choice of Petite Oysters and a Tuna Tartar. The oysters were fresh and sweet with a good flavour that was fishy without the low-tide after-taste. The tuna tartar was good but I think that a tiny bit less of the binding sauce would allow the tuna flavour more room. The B-Girl had the Sable-fish and not only was the presentation spectacular(spun sugar topping anyone?) it was absolutely delicious. Firm, flavourful, and a good portion. I had the Arctic Char, a favourite of mine but often over-cooked or over spiced. this was neither. Slightly crispy outside and firm and flaky with the Char flavour coming through in a very good way. The side veggies were perfect. Green beans crunchy and sweet potato with tarragon.The tarragon is a perfect foil for the Char. The chink in the Brownstones armour is the lack of non-alcoholic drinks. We told our server that we don't do alcohol and had water but were not offered any other choices. Maybe we should have asked. We are not pop drinkers and the Brownstone is not alone in the obvious lack of booze-free drink choices. The service was prompt, friendly and courteous. All in all, we were more than satisfied and will be back. C&S

4  Thank Charles J
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We tried a lot of the top rated restaurants in Kamloops. We used trip advisor ratings, all the restaurants we good but we felt that the Brownstone was the best. Mmmmm every bite was perfect, big portions and lots of choices. I am allergic to a lot of things and had no problem with the menu and substitutions. We really liked the feel of the place and the decor. The waitress was efficient and warmly professional$

2  Thank kayak4747
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Booked a table for four for a business dinner. The service was excellent and the food was very good. Turned out to be a great choice and everyone enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank Dabees
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I really like that the Owners are local conscious when it come purchasing their produce and meats, supporting local farmers where possible. The Chefs take great pride in creating fabulous dishes are current with old favourite and the new foods today with menu changes regularly which keeps it interesting. The restaurant itself is very inviting and yet personal. The staff is friendly, knowledgable, go out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful experience. Great wine list, alway ask what they have special on hand as Connie one of the owners takes great pride in her choice of wine selections she brings in, she knows her wines I always ask her for her recommendation. Their Rosemary bread is yummy. If you want a Caesar salad with a little twist theirs is one of the best I have eaten ever. Its quite the signature dish I think as it is the one recipes they have kept on their menu from the beginning. All round food, wine, experience, it’s a 5 star for me I keep going back.

3  Thank lynettegKamloops