“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #136 of 332 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City Center
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We were concerned at first as the house salad was very plain - iceberg lettuce, carrot shreds and tomato wedge. But the entrees blew us away. My wife ordered fettuccine with chicken, broccoli and mushrooms. Yes, you can order to taste. I enjoyed a baked gnocchi with capicola. Absolutely the best I have ever enjoyed - having never been to Italy though. We gorged on the wonderful pasta dishes. The staff was attentive and helped with decisions about options for entertainment in Kamloops. I will dream about this place when I want Italian food.

2 Thank Joseph S

Kamloops, Canada
“Something Different but Won't Go Again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere when we got inside. I have walked past it countless times and had always mistook it for a casual, checkered-tablecloth sort of setting (maybe because their logo is not very upscale and features a checkered tablecloth.)

The decor was tasteful and upscale (albeit a bit dark - especially since there are no windows) There was no music playing but plenty of privacy between tables.

I was not-so-pleasantly surprised by the menu and pricing. Like I said before, we were expecting a more casual restaurant, not $20 entrees. (Entrees themselves are priced around $15 but if you want any meats, meatballs, or cheese, it is about $3 per). They also charge $1 for hot water which I found amusing and weird at the same time.

So when my $20 fettucine alfredo arrived I was a little disheartened. Yes, it was tasty, but nothing very memorable. I was disappointed that they only serve ONE piece of garlic bread with an entree (for that price? come on). That being said, the garlic bread was very greasy and left a horrible taste in my mouth. Like fish or something.

Many pasta places at this price point seem more reasonable because they offer large portions so you can get leftovers. Not saying they skimped with the portions, but not anything incredible, nor could you get 2 meals from it.

It would have been nice to have a small salad with it since pasta and bread are so heavy but I didn't want to be spending ~$30/person at this point.

The staff weren't exceptionally friendly or good. There seemed to be one waitress and two other girls who awkwardly roamed up to the tables and then walked away without saying anything. I assumed they were trolling for things such as drink refills, however, she passed our table several times (including one time when she delivered the food) without offering a refill on an empty glass or taking an empty plate. We also had to wave at someone for a good while to come and give us our bill even though there were only maybe 4 occupied tables in the entire restaurant and 3 front of house staff.

Overall, I am neutral. The atmosphere was very nice and the food was decent but I feel that it's overpriced and not worth going back. Little things such as signage to indicate where washrooms are, or breath mints to take away that disgusting grease taste from the garlic bread, would go a long way.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sweeetleaf
bc canada
“Tastes like homemade Italian.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

First time eating here recently and will definitely go back when I get a chance. There was a big event in Kamloops so lots of people were looking for a place to eat downtown and we ended up here. It was full and busy but we got a table and more than adequate service. Lots of delicious choices on the menu, some of which were a little different to me. I went conventional with the lasagna which was wonderful. The house red wine (2 choices) was a BC choice which I really appreciated. My friend had spaghetti with pepperoncini and ate every bite.
Off we went to our event with full tummies!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank murphyBcCanada
Kamloops, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“REPLY TO ANOMANO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

OBVIOUSLY AN EX- EMPLOYEE WHO WAS ASKED TO LEAVE!
The restaurant has recently celebrated their 22nd year in business and we as family have always enjoyed our time there. The food and service has always surpassed our expectations. There definetly no Costco there you can taste the sauces, pizza dough, meatballs , etc. is all made in house .

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank HONESTLY2014
Victoria, Canada
“A great family tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were in town to visit family and took two of our daughters to dinner. The food is very fine - lots of choice, lots of good flavour, good traditional Italian cuisine. The staff are friendly and attentive. The décor is family style - not fancy, but very functional.

Appetizers were tasty, served in good time, and a great way to start our dinner. All the entrees ordered were hot and very tasty.

This was a fun, relaxing place for a family dinner - without spending a fortune and still getting good food and friendly service.

• Visited November 2013