“This restaurant is a kamloops icon.”

Storms On The River
Ranked #21 of 339 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Kamloops, Canada
“This restaurant is a kamloops icon.”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

its been here for a very long time ! I have eaten here many many times. always good. great ( big ) menu. lots of choices. good sides to choose from also. service has always been excellent. last night was my dad's 92nd birthday dinner party. the place was packed, the food did come out a little on the slow side, but it was excellent. had the spinach dip, and the scallops starter. shared a ceaser salad ( with shrimp ) . and then the salmon for main course. lots of great tasting veggies.
my only pet peeve is the décor. I don't like black. but, as my friend says, ' you're not there to eat the walls ! " . lol give it whirl, I think you will be impressed. oh- the patio , overlooking the river is quite scenic too !

• Visited July 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fast food”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The quality of the food in this restaurant which adjoins the Riverland Inn was excellent. There is an extensive menu and winelist and diners can dine in the restaurant or al fresco on the patio. The downside was the desperation of waiting staff to grab your plates before you had finished eating! The restaurant was busy but not that busy! Staff training needs to be improved if we are to return!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jerryattrick
London, United Kingdom
“Poor food, shabby - service good enough”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our initial impression wasn't good - stained carpet, chipped paint - a place in need of some tlc. The impression of carelessness continued - it was a chilly and damp day, and yet the air conditioning was on, making it quite cold. I asked the waitress about it, and she said she had just asked for it to be turned off. It did indeed go off - and five minute later it went back on. I was startled to be asked to to hold on to my knife and fork between the main course and dessert - I'm quite happy to do this at a home of friends, but found it odd in a restaurant.

My husband and I were with friends, and none of us were happy with our food. I had Fettuccine Alfredo which, because it is so simple, needs a skilled hand. It was bland and boring. My husband had New York Striploin - he asked for it to be medium rare, but it was served rare. Our friends had Crispy Ginger Pork, which was supposed to be sweet and sour, but was mostly sweet. The desserts were OK, but no better than that

I am not a hard person to please - if you look at my other (50) reviews you will see I give mostly 4s and 5s, with a smattering of 3s. But this place just isn't good enough.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank travelquestLondon
somerset
“What a setting”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We chose to eat at Storms, even before we left the UK, because of the setting, and it just so happened to be next door to our hotel. We arrived late from the Rocky mountaineer, and it was a little chilly.
We so wanted to eat outside on the patio, with the amazing view, that a lovely waitress opened the patio just for us, and put the heaters all. Everyone else was eating indoors, but nothing was too mush trouble,
The food is reasonably priced, and what I would describe as wholesome home cooking.

• Visited June 2014
Kamloops, Canada
“From Location to Service to the Bill, BEST RESTAURANT EVER”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

How did I not know about this place before now! Everything was absolutely perfect. The weather for Canada Day was perfect so we dined on the balcony over looking the river and watched the revelers tool up and down the river. The service from Tanya Faulkner was impeccable, the food - delicious - came out without delay. Best buy for the buck ever.

• Visited July 2014