“Great Meal”

Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Description: Maurya's restaurant is the one of the most promising restaurants in Kamloops. We provide truly authentic Indian food along with a variety of vegan and gluten free options. Our restaurant is well known not just for its high quality service and food, but also for the homely atmosphere it creates for our customers who come to enjoy scrumptious Indian cuisines. We also have a banquet hall which can accommodate up to 60-80 people, which is an excellent place to host a birthday party, Meetings or wedding anniversary. Be it any occasion, we will try to make it a memorable one for you. Special group rates!
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We went to Maury's because it was within walking distance of the Arena - we were at the Brier, Canada's curling championship tournament for men. We had never been here before and as always when trying out a new restaurant, we were cautious and somewhat apprehensive. We arrived about 5:00 p.m. and quickly ushered to a table, and provided menus and water by a very courteous waiter. He was the only waiter for the whole time we were there. We ordered chicken Goa curry, beef roti masala, naan, papadum and raita. The portions were large and the flavour was exceptional. The naan was hot and freshly cooked. We could not have had a better meal. We like Indian food and this was the best we have had and we have eaten in many different cities. I highly recommend this cafe. By the time we left the place was fairly full and the waiter managed to deal with every table. Great atmosphere and well decorated.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We asked our motel staff where the local restaurants were located and then started walking. We found Maurya's and were happy we found it. The food was delicious, service was pleasant. Our travels took us through Kamloops again the next week and, guess where we went to eat? Both of us ordered different entrees and, again, a wonderful dinner. Since I have celiac disease, it's always good to know a place that is responsive to the food requirements and you can eat knowing you are safe.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I tried this restaurant because the one I have ordered from before was closed. I was very disappointed. The food was ok, although not great at all. One dish was far too spicy when I had requested it to be mild since it was for me and my kids. I also got about half the amount for twice as much money as I have paid at my regular restaurant. I had ordered a pop to go along with the meal and had assumed it was a 2 liter pop. I was shocked when it arrived and was just a can of pop for $3! Not impressed at all. Won't be ordering from this place again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I don't care much for this style of food but my boyfriend loves the smells spices and taste. Whenever I let him choose dinner I tell him this is the place for Indian food. The staff are friendly. The restaurant vibe is great and I drool once I smell the food. I stick to mostly veggie pakora and nan bread but I'm never disappointed. My boyfriend is more Adventurous and try's the many vegetarian options since we don't eat meat. I do eat the dishes cause they are tasty just not my preferred food. We order one nan one pakora 2 mains and each a drink and the cost is around 50$. Fills us both up!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We arrived into Kamloops on a Rocky Mountaineer train for a brief stopover and happened upon this place by chance. It turned out to be one of the more memorable meals of our 3 week Canada trip. I eat a lot of curry back home in the UK and this was spot on; fresh tasting, delicate flavours, well spiced, good service and great value. Striking interior artwork too.
A very welcome change from more conventional tourist fare. The fish pakora starter was a highlight and the naan breads were beautifully light. Highly recommended!