“My favourite sushi spot in Kamloops”
Review of Sanbiki

Sanbiki
Ranked #105 of 338 Restaurants in Kamloops
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Vancouver, Canada
“My favourite sushi spot in Kamloops”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The owners get their ingredients locally and support the local community. Creative rolls and everything tastes delicious. They could use a waiter because the service can be slow at times when the owner is having to serve and work in the kitchen. Great local beers and ciders. Try the Left Field Cider Co. options.

• Visited November 2013

Kamloops, Canada
“Refreshing, local, delicious”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

There a number of Japanese restaurants in Kamloops. I find this is the best but not the cheapest and for good reason. The food is locally sourced, fresh, everything is made in house and authentic. Try the large spicy tuna roll (20 bucks); its HUGE. All the other sushi is fabulous as well. Service can be slow at times but we lucked out and there was only one other couple in the place when we were there last.

Owner served us and was polite, and very professional.

As with everywhere else downtown, parking is an issue. The city of Kamloops just doubled the street parking rates too, so it'll continue to be hard on local businesses.

• Visited November 2013
kamloops,bc
“Local and goooood”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great to see food locally sourced; the flavours reveal the time and care taken to prepare. Never a bad meal!

Visited October 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Good food, ? waiter needed”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The sushi here was excellent. I conflicted regarding whether having the owner/chef bring out the food is a good thing or not. I do like meeting and talking to him but it definitely could slow down the service.

• Visited October 2013
“Why does it close between hours?”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Ok first of all there's not much for parking. So when I got to the restaurant looking forward to there sushi it was closed and I thought ok so another half an hr I'll wait at the door. Looking at the staff watching me stand a the door and it was chilly and raining out I thought maybe they'd have the courtesy to open it and let me sit inside and wait but no. They decided to ignore me. When I ordered I got the custom made bento box and don't get me wrong all the components were yummy and tasted fresh but when I got the bill of 30 dollars I thought oh my goodness that's expensive? So over all I think you can find good sushi like this at arigato or sushi star (and I know my sushi) for much cheaper and a better atmosphere for dining.

• Visited September 2013