“Food was ok but a little pricey”
Review of Duffy's Pub

Duffy's Pub
Ranked #26 of 349 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The food was ok but nothing to get over excited about. It was a little on the pricey side if you wanted more than a burger. The only major complaint was that everyones soup was cold and we had to send them back. They reheated it, no problem but it should have ben hot in the first place.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had the steak sandwich which comes with both a salad and fries. The food is very good but getting up there in price much like most places. The cost for 4 of us was over $80 and that was without any alcohol or dessert. The servers are easy on the eyes and very courteous and professional. They are all dressed in black and look very sharp.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming here for years. We love this place. The staff is friendly and hard working. They run off their feet. They are constantly changing their menu to keep you on your toes. This place is the Cheers of Kamloops. There has been some long time clients coming here. I was a little disappointed to here a couple of bad reviews. I guess we are entitled to a opinion. But all that matters is this is a great place. Keep up the great work.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times now, service is friendly if you can get some, food was good when place is quiet, on two occasions they were busy and it was not good, not good meaning that it was like a typical Canadian pub food (bland grease spoon). If you looking for something different on the menu you won't get it here. Typical wings, burgers, sandwiches.

Arthur D, Owner at Duffy's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Sorry to read about your experience at our pub was less than great. We updated our menu in February and added items such as a Brie, Chicken and Mango Quesadilla, Southwest Quinoa Salad, and Panko Parmesan Crusted Chicken Burger among others, all with excellent feedback. We have addressed your concerns regarding service and hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Decided to try Duffy's for Lunch with a couple of friends in tow. Nice enough place and the Brew was really nice. Unfortunately the girls on duty at the time knew little or nothing about the available brews except what they had available. It would have been nice to know if the Draft Guiness was imported or made in Canada. Anyway we settled for Okanagan Spring Pale Ale which tasted superb. We all had the Cod and chips off the menu which had nothing typically Irish, only upscale yuppy sounding dishes with an expensive price tag. Except for the Fish and Chips that is. I suppose it's hard to find a place that makes French Fries from fresh cut potatoes. These were typical and the Battered Cod wasn't really up to it either. The Pub's saving grace was the new shift waitress Jen, most professional and pleasant, if they had take-out, she'd be my dish.

Arthur D, Owner at Duffy's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hi Logjam2650,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our page. You have brought to my attention good points that I will correct for future guests experiences. The first step is to organize a staff meeting and inviting our beer suppliers for product knowledge and tasting seminar. I'm sure I will have a full staff attendance for this one. In regards to the Guinness draft, All Guinness kegs are imported for North America so you will get a good taste of Ireland. According to the original owner, because the pub was built in Dufferin, he felt naming the pub Duffy's had a good fit and a nice ring to it. We are technically not an Irish pub. We are a Canadian Kamloopian Pub. On that note we are very popular on St. Patrick's Day!! Our guests always look forward to the Irish Dancers that perform for us every year. I'm glad you mentioned that we cut our fries in house. Duffy's Pub takes pride in serving you old-fashioned home-style cooking with an innovative touch, right from our freshly made to order beer battered fish and made to order chicken strips, to our daily soups and sauces created from scratch. Our French fries and Yam fries are cut in-house daily. We serve CAB, AAA sirloin steaks cut from our local butcher, and he also grounds it for our homemade burgers. Our chicken and beef have never been frozen. The price reflects for the quality of our products. We get the freshest ingredients Kamloops has to offer. Thank you for the great comment about Jen. She is a great server and we are proud to have her on our team.
Thank you once again for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you again at Duffy's Pub.