“Locals Know and Travelers Should”
Review of Beijing Restaurant

Beijing Restaurant
Ranked #138 of 344 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Shore
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Beijing Restaurant is a Kamloops institution, Owned by the same family for 25 years, it moved from its location in a deteriorating downtown to easy accessibility off The Yellowhead Highway. After a spectacular fall drive through the snow-capped Rocky Mountains, it was a great surprise in quality, quantity and affordability, and it was right beside our very affordable motel (The Maverick) Two of us shared the small" hot and sour Soup (a meal in itself for one), the sliced chicken with cashews and ginger beef. Medium spicy for the soup and beef had enough heat for both of our paletes. The server was disarmingly happy, friendly and very professional - the kind of waiter you'd expect to have at a restaurant that obviously has pride in its food and reputation. The place was very clean, open and bright. It's not often you find great Chinese on the road. This is one.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

we shared the dinner for 4. egg rolls, very good. S & S boneless pork, very good. special rice, very good. mixed vegetables , very good. sechzan beef , very good. and lots of it too.

service was excellent. looks like they have a buffet at lunch .

I would recommend this place and if I lived up in that area, I would go back.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

One of our groups favorite places, we went here several times for our group get together s, good food and some very nice views of the city as well

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I ordered a food delivery(Trans Canada Hwy. location) the other day, I always don't have a good experience with this restaurant but I ordered anyways. The Szechuan Fried Rice, Chicken Chopsuey and Chicken Chow Mein tasted awful. I love Chinese food and I worked in Hongkong for 3 years and the food I ordered not even taste like chinese food.

2  Thank Claire V
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The food is good but that depends so much on individual tastes. We enjoyed our visit and the food and service were very good. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the folks are friendly. There were six of us and we ordered a pretty standard set of dishes but ate and liked it all. We will go back.