“Shop at Costco!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Aberdeen
“Shop at Costco!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

If you want a hamburger, go to costco and buy there frozen burgers that come in a pack of 28. Take $14, from your pocket put it in a drawer and you cook your hamburger at your place on your grill. And you have an ethentic Ora cheddar bacon cheese burger!
We went for the Sunday brunch, everything was freezing cold! Not sure why they wouldn't be checking that before they let people take food from it. Even the roast and ham, that the "chef" cuts for you on demand was cold.
Hard to figure out what entrance to go in. Take your pick, you might get help or not, we stood there for a good 5 min, but the place was empty!
We went there for brunch on mothers day as well, and they couldnt keep up with the food demand or the clean plates. Not sure what they where expecting, on a holiday such as this.
So, back to original visit, today, complained, after we did complain the service was much better. I had a "Costco" frozen burger and my wife had packeged beef dip sandwich.

For the amount of money the place charges they should be making fresh homemade hamburges daily and fresh buns. Not even the fries where made in house. You can buy the same ones at Costco as well, throw some salt on them and serve it with a $14. Price tag!

Kamloops, Canada
“Left overs from night before banquets”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Although the food may SEEM to be great at the Sunday brunch, what you are paying huge prices for is food that was previously purchased for banquets, fund raisers, events, etc that have been hosted the night before in their hotel. If you have ever hosted such an event as I have, you have learned that you are NOT allowed to take the left over food that YOU paid for home, and the next morning there it is, for sale at their brunch!!! Is that what you want to pay for? Would you support that? I highly suggest ANYWHERE but here as the food safety on this issue alone is revolting.

• Visited February 2012
Kamloops, Canada
“Buffet”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We went with a group to Ora, there were eight of us and we all had the dinner buffet. It was average. The price was good and the staff was friendly. I was a little disappointed with the selection. That night they had roast pork instead of Prime Rib. It was Friday night, so I was hoping for better. There were different kinds of smoked salmon and lots of fresh fruit which I enjoyed. It was a nice atmosphere to visit with friends, but like I said, the food was average. We had reserved a place on the patio, but when we got there, they wasn't room available. No big deal, but a bad start.

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver
“Okay for Kamloops but below big city average”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I went in for a quick dinner by myself while traveling for work. I sat at the bar. My server was very friendly and attentive. Decor was okay but you can tell they are trying to knock some of the trendier Vancouver or Calgary restaurants but fell short. The selection of beer was adequate, menu choices were adequate. Food quality was average. There are a few big chain restaurants in Kamloops (Keg, Milestones, etc... where you will probably get a better meal).

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Itravelmorethanu
Kitimat
“Sunday brunch....yum, service.....forget it”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is the coast hotel now if your looking, went for Sunday brunch, food was great, variety was big, service sucked.We stood there thinking we would be seated but people(servers)kept walking by, finally a couple of minutes later I just grabbed a plate and started filling it up.We seated ourselves.There was no directions,little sign,etc.I hate that.Food was good though.