Kelowna International Hostel
US$339
US$321
  • Pool
The Royal Anne Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$218
Hotel Eldorado(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$321
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$107
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$208
US$188
US$217
US$205
US$165
US$151
Coast Capri Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$172
Comfort Suites Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$123
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed heredowntownsummerbchospital
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Have to admit that I as not a great fan of Kelowna as a town, but I loved staying there simply because of the hostel. Interesting activities, great staff, big porch, fully equipped kitchen, lovely owner, lots of backpackers and a great attitude! Must visit :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Samtpfoetchen88
Reviewed 5 June 2014

What can I say. I intended to stay for a week and ended up staying at the KIH for six month. The hostel is really chilled out with a huge padio and a second one with hammocks. The staff is great and the hostel haa so much to see on all this colorful painted walls. Thr money that the hostel makes is for building up schools in third world countrys so you do sth good while staying there. Free pancakes and keg partys for a minimum of charge. I love it. Its my second home.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Nele K
Reviewed 6 September 2013

From the moment we arrived, there was not a good atmosphere. The other guests were unwelcoming and distant. Then we were told they had got our booking wrong, so asked if my friend and I could sleep in separate rooms. We fought against it and they eventually managed to sort something (miraculously). Then our room absolutely stank. It was dark and dingy and both me and my mate suddenly felt very uncomfortable.

We booked and paid for 2 nights, but stayed only the 1. That day we stayed out as late as possible, then the next day got up and booked straight into the SameSun down the road for the following 3 days - I can't stress the difference enough. Friendly, welcoming, clean, tidy etc etc.

If you go to Kelowna, don't even think about staying here - go to SameSun all day long!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexjhaines
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on a stop over in Kelowna. Great hostel for sure and I have stayed in a lot over my years of traveling. Rooms were great with huge storage for bags and gear. Bathrooms were well taken care of, updated and clean, clean, clean. Kitchen was not huge but was super clean and has everything you need plus a bonus of pancakes and coffee in the morning. Really nice deck and outside area to hang out. Staff were really friendly and informative. While not always at the front desk (filling multiple roles I would assume from my past working in hostels) the staff were easy to find and happy to help. Overall a great night and for $25 you can't beat it. Plus the communal guitars in the living room was awesome!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank stolenfavour
Reviewed 19 May 2013

From all the hostels I've already been, this was the most cozy one. The place is beautifully decorated, the beds and mattresses are new and they have a cute outdoor area. They worry with cute notes so you put your things on the lockers (that are huge =D) so they can keep the floor always clean, what is nice. The kitchen is also good. And the location, even if it's not that close to downtown, offer you a supermarket, coffee shops and boutiques in a 5 minutes walking distance.
The problem for me is that you never know who works there! When you need something you always take a while to find someone to help you, it doesn't seem very professional. And also, it seems that everybody knows each other and are not very open to let you in, so, if you're traveling by yourself, maybe it's not your best call.
Still, if you're with friends and want to spend some time in the lovely Kelowna, it's a good place to stay. Specially because the fares are very nice!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor are quieter!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends