“Lack atmosphere ...food....taste and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cabana Grill - CLOSED

Cabana Grill
Price range: US$15 - US$27
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Cross street: Cook Street
Transit: #1 Lakeshore stops on Lakeshore Road right in front of the restaurant at Cook St.
Kelowna, Canada
“Lack atmosphere ...food....taste and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Omg who ever like this restaurant ...I heard great things about this place years ago ...never went so thought what the heck well give it a try ...wish we didn't ...everything was horrible ...a table of 8 and not one of us liked our meals ..we started with the scallops with bernaise sauce was blah ...as well the baked Brie ...how can you not cook the Brie enough to be melted.....well they did...the seafood pasta was bland no flavour at all ...just lemon tasting ...chicken Caesar salad same thing it was as if that's all they had for seasoning there ...I had the green curry dish ..was spicy that's all I tasted though it was as if they boiled everything to extract there flavours ...our table said all that about there dishes ...totally lacked flavour ...we all agreed we'd never go back ...that's pretty bad that all 8 of us said this ...don't waste you're time and money on this place this place truly sucked the enjoyment out of our night

Kelowna
“Living down to Expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Something has seriously gone wrong with the quality food one used to expect at Cabana Grill. An average rating is being generous and recently we had a very dissatisfying dining experience. We ate inside on a windy evening and were pleased that the previous high noise levels were much better. Unfortunately this may have been due to a relative absence of diners which perhaps was a warning signal. The Mission area of Kelowna has only a few restaurants which might fit into the category of fine dining and for a two couples dinner we were looking for good food in a convenient Mission location - unfortunately we did not all find it at Cabana.
We decided to share an Italian pizza as an appetizer. This arrived with slow service and was overly spicey (in fairness there was a warning); the prosciutto was leathery and there was little else. The crust was thin and crisp but that was about it! One diner had a passable wild salmon main course which was moist and generously supplied. Another had the seafood pasta dinner which was dry and desperately needed a proper sauce. The tenderloin of lamb dinner was small in portion and the loin was nearly unrecognizable as lamb, and the supporting vegetables were dull. The short rib(s) of beef, reportedly a hit from the opening of the restaurant was small - one portion about two inches square; but tender and even flavourful. However it was served on overly whipped potatoes which verged on gluey and vegetables which had an almost iodized taste. The accompanying sauce tasted like a combination of Bistro gravy mix and Worcestershire sauce - awful. Local wines of note were marked up to dreadful prices. Service was friendly enough but slow. Recommend a miss unless you hear things have really picked up.

Calgary, Canada
“Dinner meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

On holidays for a week in Kelowna and my husband and I thought we'd try Cabana Grill restaurant. My husband had the Marsala Chicken which was awesome and I had the OceanWise choice which was Poached Salmon with a fresh Cherry Salsa on the Salmon that sat on the white Rice (which was awesome in itself) and a cherry purée but it was not sweet just a hint. The Salmon was done to perfection (just slightly pink in the middle) and it paired perfectly with the Salmon. Nice job chefs!

Kelowna, Canada
“Wonderful evening out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to give Cabana a try (first for me, third-ish for her) and went on a Monday night). We were cheerfully greeted and offered our choice of seats as soon as we walked up. Seeing I was a bit torn about whether to be inside or out the hostesses offered us an inside table right against the window. Perfect.

Drink choices were varied and we tried several different ones, all of which were very tasty. Our calamari appetizer was very good. I then took the server's recommendation of the short ribs (falling apart!) which were served with some excellent mashed potatoes. My girlfriend had the ahi tuna salad though, being out of tuna, they replaced it with salmon with which she was equally pleased. Everything was tasty and drinks were timed well with the meal. Our server Nicole was friendly and professional and made helpful recommendations. I was also pleasantly surprised by the pricing, especially the drinks. Would definitely recommend and will definitely return.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Carl d
Edmonton, Canada
“New management takes Cabana downhill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Although this was my first visit to Cabana, I'd read and heard a lot of great things about it two years ago but just never managed to stop by. I was told that they've recently changed ownership and it appears that the new management doesn't know what they're doing.

Upon arrival to a dead restaurant at 7:00 on a Saturday evening, the awkward simultaneous greeting of three hostesses was followed by confusion of where to seat us. We asked for a covered table on the patio, of which we saw two options, but it took the three of them a solid minute to choose one - which happened to be half covered and seated two feet from a large table.

The cocktails were mediocre but the food was worse. The menu descriptions sounded great but when the dishes came out, it looked like they took a spoonfull of each ingredient, stirred them around a bit, and served us. I learned more about presentation in my first 3 minutes ever watching the Food Network than these 'chefs' seemed to know. My pasta was undercooked, my "crispy pancetta" was instead cubes of chewy bacon, my vegetables looking like something a third-rate grocery store would throw out at the end of the day. My fiance's salad had dry, poorly seasoned chicken, and was bland overall.

The service was inattentive and unwelcoming, not to mention our waitress going from whispering to shouting within the same sentence - something that at least enabled us to get a laugh out of our experience at Cabana.

After two bites we decided not to fill up and to head somewhere else to finish dinner afterwards.

Save your time and money and go to Smack Dab or El Dorado if you're in this area. At the rate it's going, Cabana will be shut down soon anyways.