“best of the B and B s.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelowna
The Hopeless Romantic B and B
Ranked #8 of 48 Kelowna B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, california
“best of the B and B s.”
Reviewed 3 July 2010

The entire stay was a delight. The location provided a great view of the city and the lake. The rooms were immaculate and nicely furnished. The food service was the best , with fruit followed by a delicious entree each day. If a person decides to stay in for the evening, the apartment is well furnished for food preparation. Overall, a great stay hosted by a delightful lady.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Seattle
Reviewed 15 December 2009

My husband & I chose the Hopeless Romantic B&B for its privacy, beautiful and luxurious furnishings and the service. The service was fantastic and our host made us immediately feel right at home. With a private entry and your own personal space it is the perfect place for a honeymoon. We found it much more appealing and far more charming and cozy than a hotel. My husband and I agreed that the best parts about the Hopeless Romantic B&B are the yummy breakfasts served by our host, the ultra soft and luxurious bed and the perfect shaped tub for two. We loved and completely enjoyed our stay and all that the Kelowna had to offer. It is a beautiful place to stay. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2009

We stayed in the "Chardonnay" suite at this B&B for a couple nights to visit wineries in town. The suite is one of two that are located in the lower floor of what appeared to be the proprietor's house. We are frequent travellers and have stayed at B&Bs in places like Napa/Sonoma and Bath and this suite was hands-down the best B&B suite that we've ever stayed in. You get much more than a room and breakfast here. It is more like a luxurious, modern condo, complete with full kitchen, washer and dryer, two gorgeous bedrooms (we only used the one), bathroom (with great bath products), full living room with large flat screen TV and fireplace, free wireless and wood floors throughout. It did not feel at all like we were at a B&B. It was so quiet and private. Even though we did not cook during our stay, the kitchen (which comes with virtually everything you need to prepare meals) was handy to store our leftovers from dining out. The place was immaculate and felt brand new.

A lot of thought was put into the decor. Soothing earth tones and luxurious textiles. The bedroom was amazing with the little crystal chandelier and four poster bed. We kept commenting to one another on how buttery soft the bed linens felt. The suite also has a patio where you have a view of Kelowna stretch out below you (the location is on top of a hill). We took our breakfasts on the patio in the fresh morning air. The view in the evenings is also beautiful with the city lights below and the stars above.

I would recommend mapping out the directions before you drive there. We did and it was fine but I can see how some people might get a little lost on the way up. The location was convenient as Hwys 33 and 97 were just down the hill.

The proprietor was also very warm and welcoming. She made breakfasts that were essentially two course meals served on nice china with linen napkins. The first morning started with fruit and yogurt with slices of cake and fresh OJ. The fruit and yogurt was amazing. However, we were blown away by the eggs benedict that followed. My husband is not a breakfast person but he cleaned his plate. He still comments on the hollandaise sauce. The next morning started with some amazing hybrid scone/muffins with cranberries and I think some other fruit baked in them. They were served warm and lightly toasted. When we asked about them she said that she gets them from a baker friend of hers. It was followed by what appeared to be a croissant filled with some ricotta cheese in the center, fried and served with a dollop of creme fraiche and syrup on the side. I've never had anything like it. It was like a pancake on steroids. Absolutely over the top delicious. She is not only a great cook, but very prompt and attentive to details. When I mentioned that the water was going down somewhat slowly in the bathtub she attended to it right after we left to visit some wineries because it was running down perfectly fine when we returned.

Overall, this is an amazing place to stay at in Kelowna and I would definitely return the next time. The rates are definitely reasonable. I cannot think of a single complaint.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
calgary
Reviewed 14 June 2009

We just got back from the hopeless romantic it was spectacular.
My husband and myself do a lot of travel and always stay in nice hotels never been to a b and b’s but after reading previous reviews thought we should go. I’ve always been concerned about not having privacy and feeling like you’re in someone’s home but this was not the case at all at the hopeless romantic.
We arrived and were greeted with open arms by Leagh the owner and operator of the b and b. She went above and beyond with everything from giving us numbers for spa and suggestions for car rentals and wineries to visit the list goes on and on. She was very professional and wanted make sure we felt comfortable and felt like we had our privacy and would not disturb us.
The suites are unbelievable. I’d seen pictures on her site but they surpassed my expectations. The lay out and design are very well thought out and Leagh’s decorating is fantastic very romantic and contemporary. I think it would appeal to a wide range age groups . The suites have their own entrance two suites available you never hear your neighbor and you have your own patio, which was just heavenly.
What attracted me to her b and b was all the extra’s I could arrange to make our anniversary and birthday extra special. For example cheese and crackers, wine, dipped strawberries, champagne and flowers.
It was all brought to us arranged beautifully and was great quality and the portions were generous.
In the morning my husband and I sat out on the patio in ultra plus chairs overlooking Kelowna and Leagh brought us our breakfast it was aaaaamazing.. Coffee and champagne and orange juice fruit granola and yogert with homemade blueberry scones. Then we had eggs and homemade hashbrowns. I’m allergic to eggs and she made me something different. Which I did not expect at all. We listened to the water trickling while romantic music played in our suite It was a peaceful, romantic memorable stay and I could go on an on about forever.
You will not be disappointed one bit you go here we plan to make this our special get away now.
His place is heavenly!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 May 2009

This B&B is fantastic. Leagh has done an incredible job in decorating the romantic one bedroom suite. It comes with a beautiful bathroom, a kitchenette, a dining room with a table for two, a large bedroom with a massive four poster bed and a little outside area with comfortable chairs and a table. She has furnished the suite with care and there are lots and lots of little special romantic touches.

The location is quiet and on the hill behind Kelowna giving a nice view over the town and the lake in the distance.

Leagh was amazingly helpful with vineyard and dinner recommendations and the huge breakfasts she made us were much appreciated and very delicious.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It's fantastic for quiet romantic weekends.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed 13 September 2008

We loved the Hopeless Romantic. Our perception of a B&B has changed after staying there. My husband and I wanted a place to stay near Kelowna to visit nearby wineries and wonderfully surprised by the accommodation we found at the Hopeless Romantic. The suite was beautifully arranged with everything you need. It's clean, modern and spacious, like having your own little flat. The 4 posted bed is beautiful and extremely comfortable.

Then there is the bonus outdoor terrace which is private and offers a beautiful view of the city day & night. The breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed it at our private outdoor terrace with the gorgeous views. Actually, you get your own private entrance to the place.

Leagh, our hostess, was lovely and ensured you have everything you need for a wonderful experience.

All in all, we would go back to stay there and would recommend this place in a heartbeat. Why would you want to stay at a hotel there when you can enjoy a modern, well decked out, wonderfully situated B&B like Hopeless Romantic. We were truly impressed.

Maria and Matt from Hong Kong

• Liked — The beautiful & modern suite, the outdoor terrace with gorgeous view of the city
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)