“Best stay in Kelowna” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Urban Villa

Urban Villa
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelowna
Urban Villa
Calgary
“Best stay in Kelowna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2009

We travel from Calgary to Kelowna every year at Easter and this by far has been our best experience. The bed was amazing, so comfortable. Excellent service - our hostess was more than helpful with everything from vineyard recommendations to local tips and made us feel very at home. The breakfast and coffee were delicious. First class accommodation in my books. We will be back! Thank you for a wonderful stay! The bar has now been raised very high.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Kelowna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2009

Our stay was really enjoyable as the layout was open and stylish. It has a contemporary but warm feeling with friendly and helpful staff. The Urban Villa is conveniently located in Kelowna and has alot of open areas to enjoy the outdoors. The rooms are spacious and elegantly decorated. I had a great nights sleep on their bed, which is of great importance to me. I would not hesitate to recommend them to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Kamloops
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

We stayed in February and there were 4 of us all together - 2 couples and we booked the 2 full rooms with the balconies, adjoining bathrooms and walk in closets! It was definitely worth it.

We are younger adults and some of us have piercings and tattoos but Doris didn't even bat an eyelash and was very gracious, accommodating and unobtrusive.

Everything was comfy and clean and the whole place smells wonderful. The beds in particular were amazingly comfy. There were white bath robes put in the rooms that were a nice touch. It's an excellent location and there is a nice parking area.

An amazing kitchen is available to fix a meal in and there is a fridge and wine cooler pre-stocked (items taken are added to your bill). The continental breakfast was wonderful with fresh fruit, tea, coffee, cereals and bagels with a wide assortment of cream cheeses! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
London UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

3 of us stayed at Urban Villa for 2 nights after skiing at Big White. The rooms are fantastic - well, equipped and very comfortable and quiet. The communal living area is large and comfy as is the breakfast room with tea and coffee available at all hours.
Doris is a great host and is very helpful and friendly but quite unobtrusive.
We had a great couple of days and recomend Urban Villa wholeheartedly.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2009

I am an experienced international traveler and small hotel owner in New York City. Over the years I have stayed in a variety of accommodations over the years, some great some not so great. We New Yorkers can be hard to please but I don't know of anyone who could possibly come away from the 'Urban Villa' experience feeling disappointed. This wonderful accommodation (don't be fooled by the rather bland exterior) lived up to all the hype given it. Doris, the lady who took care of things while I was there, was an absolute delight. Travelers should know that this fledgling establishment is not fully finished, particularly when it comes to the grounds but when it is by summer (the area's busy season), you might not get a room. Book early if you can...

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FOBNewYorkCity
British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2009

The Urban Villa was unlike anywhere else I have stayed before and I mean that in a good way. It's almost like a hostel for the rich & famous, just in the sence that if you choose to, you could mingle in the lounge with other guest's, maybe I shouldn't use the word hostel, I wouldn't want to put anybody off by putting it in the same class as a hostel because it is not. Every detail is first class from the furnishings to the friendly staff, Doris goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable, I challenge you to find better service anywhere. The rooms are very nice and super comfy and the breakfast is fantastic. We travel to Kelowna often and it's difficult to find somewhere really nice to stay, Urban Villa is at the top of our list.

• Liked — The Staff, The lay out of the common area, lounge /kitchen ect.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank NZBrad
Sherwood Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2009

What started out as a solo, compact getaway with some recreation turned into a fabulous experience of relaxation, pampering and socializing. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to navigate Kelowna on my own, found the Urban Villa with no trouble at all from the airport (after my less than 1-hour flight - you can't beat that!). Instantly felt comfortable and at ease thanks, in large, to the hotel's lovely host, Doris! The decor was stunning and everywhere I turned I couldn't help but smile - everything was exceptionally beautiful, clean and smelled wonderful! I was blessed with nice weather which made the mountain views from my room and the kitchen area very nice. About a 45 min scenic drive took me to Big White to get in some skiing; great conditions and 0 lift lines made for a great outdoor experience. Top that off with some good food, cooked in the sexy, modern kitchen, good wine and casual conversation with other guests and hosts, you couldn't ask for a better couple of days. Some other key "smile-makers" for me was the artful presentation (compliments of the talented Doris) of everything from q-tips in the bathroom to fruit bowls and even pieces of butter - all looked so good you almost didn't want to disturb it . The selection of teas to enjoy in the morning with the tasty breakfast selection, including an abundance of fresh fruit. The background music playing in the common area to make a real homey-feel. ... Oh and the beds and showers were awesome! So many positive things to say about this place, I could go on and on. It had great proximity to the downtown area and really all over town for when I wanted to get out and explore a bit. My trip ended with a couple of visits to local wineries (way closer than I thought... and really just a tiny portion of how many were in the area). I would suggest looking up the hours of business if you had any favorites you wanted to see because of the off-season, they are not all open for tours, restaurants etc.
Really looking forward to visiting the area again in another season and would not want to stay anywhere different now that I have experienced this unique way of "lodging", unlike any other I have been to.

• Liked — decor, smells
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Random88