“Sweet Find”

Neighbourhood: Central City
Vancouver Island
“Sweet Find”
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Makes its food in-house. Wonderful coffee. Wonderful selection of coffee, desserts, and sandwiches. Near to where I was staying.
I am so impressed when I dine at a place where the staff observes common hygiene. Yes, it's come to that: where I'm impressed by something that we expect ALL food handlers to practice! My server gave my dog a treat then washed his hands before handling food! This is the level of attention to detail I would expect of a place that on its web page uses the correct term of "made in-house" rather than "home-made". I'm impressed by the little things, but also by the scrumptious caramel coffee I had which was made using real caramel, so it wasn't sickly over-sweet like some of the commercial syrups can be. We shared a warmed chocolate lava cake which my dining partner loved; I thought the cake was a bit on the dry side, but went well with my caramel coffee. All chocolates looked fresh, but we didn't try any, nor did we try any wraps or sandwiches, but for a cafe it was clean, staff was friendly and food was fresh: just what I look for in my dining experience.