“Cute little cafe”

Neighbourhood: Central City
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Cute little cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

This is a cosy little place that does wraps, sandwiches, cakes, truffles and coffees and teas etc. Sonya was a great server, very bubbly. They do amazing cakes and chocolate truffles and it was so nice to have a large selection of teas and coffees.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It was a nice experience. The owner was really friendly. The atmosphere was tranquille and sweet. A lot of attention to...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

It was a nice experience. The owner was really friendly. The atmosphere was tranquille and sweet. A lot of attention to little details and such. Only tried out their drinks because I was too full from eating at the Jammerie. *sp?*
Drinks were good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vancouver Island
“Sweet Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2008

Makes its food in-house. Wonderful coffee. Wonderful selection of coffee, desserts, and sandwiches. Near to where I was staying.
I am so impressed when I dine at a place where the staff observes common hygiene. Yes, it's come to that: where I'm impressed by something that we expect ALL food handlers to practice! My server gave my dog a treat then washed his hands before handling food! This is the level of attention to detail I would expect of a place that on its web page uses the correct term of "made in-house" rather than "home-made". I'm impressed by the little things, but also by the scrumptious caramel coffee I had which was made using real caramel, so it wasn't sickly over-sweet like some of the commercial syrups can be. We shared a warmed chocolate lava cake which my dining partner loved; I thought the cake was a bit on the dry side, but went well with my caramel coffee. All chocolates looked fresh, but we didn't try any, nor did we try any wraps or sandwiches, but for a cafe it was clean, staff was friendly and food was fresh: just what I look for in my dining experience.