“Good Staff, Horrible Suite”
Review of Mission Park Inn

Mission Park Inn
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We arrived on the 23rd of July to an orderly but run down suite. The sofa bed mattress was useless. It was like laying on straight up coils. When we woke up there were mice droppings on the kitchen floor, between the fridge and base cabinets, inside of the cupboards and on top of the counters. My husband took photos as evidence for our complaint but there was no need to produce them. There were droppings visible behind the front check-in desk. We could not get out of there fast enough. The staff were friendly and hospitable although the accommodations were not.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I don't know how these other people liked this place so much. I stayed there with my two boys for a baseball tournament and it was awful. When we first got there the room smelled funny and the air conditioner sounded like a lawn mower running all the time. I decided it can't be that bad so stayed the reviews were good online. That was stupid!! After checking in with other baseball families found out the hotel had a bad mice problem. Coming back from baseball I found mouse droppings on the kitchen counters. As the day proceeded I found not one but two bed bugs. Freaked out I tried to book another hotel but all was full due to baseball tourney in town. Complained to front office and they moved me to another room but was trying to tell me it wasn't a bed bug. I am an RN and know what a bed bug looks like. NEVER STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 100Mocha1
Nicki_J_Hughes, Manager at Mission Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

It is with regret that I responding to this review. It is always our hope that our customers leave satisfied. I am so sorry that this was your experience at the Mission Park Inn. I do have to admit that we had a problem with a family of mice that was isolated to a certain corner of our building. We immediately called the proffessional pest control company we work with, The Bugman, and he came down and personally inspected the units. We shut the units affected down and have since eradicated the problem. We have also put additional preventative measures so we do not have a repeat problem. I do give you my sincerest apologies but it is unfortunately something that sometimes happens as these rooms border a wooded area and an empty lot that is a haven for small critters. Our property is inspected once a month by The Bugman as per our contract so these things don't happen but it did.
I would like to say to though that we absolutely do not have bed bugs. All of my housekeeping staff is trained to detect this and we also had the Bugman double check to verify that we do not have bed bugs.
Not only do I manage this property but I also live on site with my family. I take these problems very seriously as I do not want to personally live in an environment where there is an infestation of any sort and I do not want any of my guests to ever have to experience any of these issues as well.
Again I am very sorry that this happened during your stay. I would not want to personally have that experience myself. If you would like to contact me personally for any reason I am available Monday - Friday @ 1-800-667-6716.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed from the 4 to the 9th of July and can't find any fault with anything. (Well maybe the sofa mattress could be improved upon.) Everything was clean and the staff were so accommodating. Special props to the Filipino lady who worked there. Always smiling and willing to go the extra mile. Thanks again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review! It will give me great pleasure to pass on the compliment to Mary Jean, who is the employee you spoke of and to the other staff members who all work as a team to make this place the best it can be. You will be happy to know that our shipment of new hide a bed mattresses came in...sorry they had not arrived before your stay!
We will look forward to having you stay with us again sometime.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Always great staff, great value, super clean and even re-done and upgraded now. Perfect for families!

• Stayed: April 2012
Nicki_J_Hughes, Manager at Mission Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you Heather for your review. It's always great to see a review that states what we always work hard to acheive. We appreciate your business and will continually keep striving to make your stay better than it was the time before.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Since my stay in May/June 2011, the Mission Park Inn has gone through several renovations and upgrades. It looks GREAT! We (my pup and I) were remembered and made to feel very welcome upon our return. The inn is a family-run establishmen and the staff are extremely friendly - they make their guests feel right at home. The units are clean and well-kept. My unit looked as if it had been recently renovated and was equipped with a newer microwave and flatscreen TV. Being in the Pandosy area, this place is close to everything one needs .. parks, eating establishments, shops and boutiques and is not too far from the downtown core.
I would not hestitate to stay again. This is one place I would gladly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank wej2011
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This accommodation is suitable for families with children of any age. The location is across the road from the beach with an excellent playground and an in season concession stand. Our unit had a separate bedroom, full kitchen and bath. We were 3 adults and a child so two adults slept comfortably on the hide-a-bed. The owner-manager went out of her way to accommodate our late arrival. This facility shows some wear as it wasn't built yesterday. The rates are excellent, given the area.
Two notes to add to previous comments:
The pool is seasonal and was not available because we stayed late in the season (end of Sept.). The owner ensured we knew this when we made reservations.
This facility still uses keys for entry.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have balconies. Families with children govern yourselves accordingly.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TeachersTravel
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in a clean and spacious one bedroom suite at a great price. The swimming pool was clean and inviting, and the beach is right across the road! The fully equipped kitchen (but without a dishwasher) with a supermarket almost next door really helped the pocketbook. Plus, we could have used a bar-b-q if so inclined. The overhead fan in the bedroom made sleeping easier, though the bed could have been a little more comfortable. A hairdryer would have been nice, plus having the cleaning staff come by the room earlier in the day than when they eventually came, but those things were minor. I will be going back to this place for sure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CindyLouC
Nicki_J_Hughes, Manager at Mission Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for your review. I am happy you had a good time during your stay here and it's lovely to hear that you would come and stay with us again. You will be happy to know that we will be purchasing hairdryers and irons and ironing boards for each of the units before the year ends so the next time you come we will have these additional amenties for you to use.
We also normally enter the units much earlier for services but during September we stayed so busy due to the gorgeous weather and a lot of our staff move on at the end of August.
We look forward to having you come and stay with us again.