“To die for”

Neighbourhood: Central City
Ottawa, Canada
“To die for”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We are so glad we found this place. It was recommended to us by a local store owner. We went one night for apps, cocktails, and dessert, and we were so impressed that we came back the next night for dinner. I'm actually disappointed we found it later in our visit, because we probably would have gone back to try more of their amazing menu. Everything was absolutely amazing. You have to check it out if you have the chance.

We were two people. We each ordered a cocktail, an app, a main, dessert, and a glass of wine for under $150.
Cocktails: Very unique and interesting selection. Great blend of flavours and great size. I found their flavoured ice blocks neat.
Apps: Good selection. Venison carpaccio is amazing; all of the elements work together perfectly. Poutine and gnocchi were also delicious.
Mains: It was hard to choose, and I literally want to try everything. We ordered the char and the lamb. The lamb was divine, served on a pea purée with a blueberry sauce, and lamb shoulder pot pie on the side. The lamb itself was crusted with leek and ash. Every bite was to die for.
Wine: Good selection of wines. The server was able to recommend wines to pair, and we had some nice local wines.
Dessert: Again, very well done. Everything is made in house including a feature sorbet and ice cream. Inexpensive as well.

Make the effort to go here. I've read that they don't do reservations for small parties, and it was an hour wait to be seated when we went on a Sunday night, but it is definitely worth the wait.

Visited July 2014

Surrey, Canada
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This restaurant has great regional food that's in-season. We've eaten there twice and have loved it both times. It's usually very busy but the service is good and the people-watching and energy is fun. Great local wine list and interesting food!

Visited March 2014
Kelowna, Canada
“All I can say is Wow!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

All around an amazing place to check out. The servers were awesome, very helpful and knew the menu to a "T". My spouse and I ordered the chef specials that night which were salmon and steak. They were both very very delicious! It was worth every penny we spent there. This is a place you don't want to pass up.

• Visited April 2014
Alberta, Canada
“Delicious and Unpretentious”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We enjoyed our experience at the restaurant. Wait staff were very knowledgeable about the food they were serving. We couldn't decide so we ordered the lamb special and salmon special and shared. I always enjoy salmon, but don't always enjoy lamb, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that the lamb ( chops, rack and sides) were outstanding and my favorite! I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited July 2014
“Raudz dining a culinary experience”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great culinary experience. Service was great. Did find them expensive. I guess for a South African everything in Canada is more expensive. So much more value for money back home in South Africa. 4 people dining with a bottle of wine $250.

• Visited July 2014