“Noisy -inconsiderate party in the hallway team parent hotel !”

Comfort Suites Kelowna
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 April 2014

First time at this hotel. I stay once a month at a hotel to study - I requested a quiet room -top floor. Got the 3rd floor and above me -children bouncing from the bed to the floor for over an hour..other kids/teens jumping and crashing in the hallways...then at night..parties in the hallway - yes, parents of teams in the hallway drinking sitting on the floor partying on the 3rd floor...until well past midnight...clerk got them to go to lobby to party so at 1 am got to sleep ONLY to be woken up at 145 as the parents returned to their rooms and loudly finished up in hallway. Then woken up by jumping kids from their beds to the floor above me at 6 am :-( Complained to staff -was to stay 2 nights but checked out after 1 night. Was that horrific - I was exhausted. Never offered a discount by staff...no phone call from manager. Was told they don't put kids on top floor but there was kids jumping from the beds - couldn't of been adults or they would of fallen through the floor it was so loud. Very poor follow up on my complaint plus shows me they don't care about my business. They (the staff) condone this conduct by not speaking with the people who were so loud and rude and that morning, the desk clerk had NO IDEA what had happened the night before. Will never stay here again nor would I recommend this hotel unless you want to party in the hall and allow your kids to jump, scream, run about like wild animals. For typical families, business travelers, seniors or singles not the place as in Kelowna we have many sports so you never know when this will happen. The night in question was a Thursday. This hotel needs to class up their act and set limits for loud, partying groups otherwise that's all it will known for and they are very hard on hotel rooms which I noticed within the rooms, starting to see wear/tear as well. Also not as clean as the sister hotel. If you look at past poor/terrible reviews you will note this isn't the first time for this kind of complaint and reviews dated from 2012 note noise/hallway parties.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I truly do apologize, as we actually are well know for providing a great stay and superior guest services. We have been recognized as top 15 in Canada with Trip Advisor for family stays and on our busy weekends we have added additional staffing to ensure all best stays for all guests regardless if with a team or our preferred corporate or extended corporate stays. We truly are dedicated to providing a best stay to all our travellers. I sincerely do apologize if your stay did not meet your expectations. Please do not hesitate to email me directly at gm@comfortsuiteskelowna.com

May I wish you all the best

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights.
We booked this hotel through our travel points and check in was very smooth.
The staff at reception during the entire time of our stay were extremely efficient and friendly.
I found all the staff extremely friendly and helpful.
The hotel was clean and rooms were spacious.
The continental breakfast had a great variety of food, including eggs and bacon or sausage, waffles, fruit, hot and cold cereals and a great selection of breads, danishes, etc.
The only negative about this hotel is that the bed was not comfortable for us (bed was too firm) and we were having a hard time controlling the temp of the room. Not a big deal as we only stayed two nights, and we probably could've mastered that if our stay was longer.
The hotel had many families staying there, probably because of the free breakfast and the water slide. With that said, it was noisy as kids were running rampant through out the hallways. However this was not the hotel's fault but the parent's fault for not supervising their children.
Something else to consider while staying here, is that there isn't a restaurant or room service.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, but for families only.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Margo31

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor. I truly do appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the guest services you had experienced. You are absolutely correct, with the extended Easter holidays and the many weekend tournaments and dance competitions, many of the Kelowna hotels have been very busy. We do provide organizations with a code of conduct prior their arrival that serves as a "Polite Reminder" Our morning free hot breakfast is always a hit with all our guests. Thank you once again.
May I wish you a wonderful week ahead.
Kind regards,
GM

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We chose this hotel based on photos and pricing, knowing that we would be traveling to and from Big White while staying at the Comfort Suites for 2 nights. The location turned out to be much quieter than anticipated, with no noticeable noise from the highway just steps from the door. Our room was well appointed with little room-to-room noise, but the corridors were noisy with larger groups of people moving about (there were a number of families/larger groups of people in the hotel at the time of our stay). As a result of the nearly full hotel, the pool/water slide area was very congested. By staying over on a Sunday night, we luckily had the spa to ourselves for that evening. Check-in and check-out were brief and flawless; the one criticism I can offer is that the parking lot does not accommodate large vehicles well. We arrived in a small station wagon and easily fit into one of the designated "small car" spaces. At the busiest point during our stay (Saturday afternoon into Saturday evening), at least two large trucks (and I mean large, not Ford F150s, but Toyota Tundras etc.) were parked in the "small car" spaces and, in some instances, in two parking stalls/far enough over the stall line to render the immediate space to one side useless. Access points to the lot are also around tight corners, so an ill-parked large vehicle can create a hazard quite easily. Bad parking is usually the fault of the driver and not the hotel, but if guests with larger vehicles could be advised to park in certain areas (or simply with more consideration for the other guests with smaller cars), that could improve the experience. Otherwise, this is an easy 5-star rating--minus one for the parking only.

Room Tip: Rooms with lower numbers (we were in 304) will be by the far stairs and not near the vending/ice mac...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank knxvil
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful review regarding your recent stay. Many of our guests do choose to stay with us for the great value with guest room and services while they venture out for their day of skiing; we do appreciate your extended stay. The weekend that you stayed with us we were absolutely sold out and I agree, some parking is a concern with some of the larger rigs that are on the roads. I do hope that we are able to welcome you back on your next adventure into Kelowna.

Thanks once again,

Carla Carlson
p.s. your tip is also a super one to share, the lower the number the further away from the main highway is the room. all the best - Carla

Reviewed 27 March 2014

my fiancé, our twins and myself chose to stay at the Comfort Suites in kelowna on a whim. We were only going to stay one night but the room was amazing, clean and the service was outstanding.
We ended up staying an extra night because we felt so welcomed and comfortable.
We will be staying again and so will the rest of my family when they come to Kelowna.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

It was with pleasure to read your comments regarding your recent stay. Thank you so very much for sharing your amazing comments on Trip Advisor.

I must say, that comments such as yours really do go a long way with our team. It makes them try even more to make stays the best ever! I am so glad that you found your stay with us a great one! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next Kelowna adventure. Until then, all the best always,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Once again, this hotel has delivered. I brought my 3 boys here on March 16th for a quick overnight stay to visit the H2O waterpark and the Kangaroo Farm...and we had a fantastic stay. Clean rooms, wonderful pool area, friendly service and a nice hot complimentary breakfast. This is the only place I want to bring my family when visiting the city. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for the enthusiastic share of feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so very pleased that our team ensured a best stay for you and your family. Our H2O package is a perfect getaway option- and I am hearing wonderful reviews too of the Kangaroo Farm.

Thanks so much for your repeat stay and I hope to be able to welcome you back on your next Kelowna adventure.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for only one night. There was a lady that works there that's name is Dalilah. She was absolutely wonderful. Our daughter was quite sick with the flu during our stay and she was so helpful running around and assisting us to make her comfortable. What great customer service!!! Great hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for the positive comments that you have shared on trip advisor. I truly do hope your daughter is feeling better. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding Dalilah and her guest services dedication - I know she will so appreciate the acknowledgment.

Hope to see you again on your next Kelowna adventure.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you are traveling with children this is the place to stay in Kelowna ! My wife and I along with are 4 children ages 8 to 14 stayed there for 3 nights. The kids had a blast in the pool , breakfast was very could eggs , bacon, fruits ,fresh made waffles and lots of it. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a one bedroom suite, it was very spacious and clean, beds and pull out couch were comfortable. Will be our hotel every time we travel to Kelowna

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased that your family enjoyed their stay - yes the larger Family suites truly do provide the additional space and beds needed to make a perfect stay. I am so glad you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast- there really is something for everyone at our breakfast bar- so I am truly pleased to found lots of it too!

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice for any future Kelowna stays. Hope to see you soon.