“Short but wonderful stay”

Comfort Suites Kelowna
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We found the Comfort Suites staff were very professional and extremely pleasant (especially a lady named Nurka). Our room was very clean and when we requested extra blankets, they were readily available to us. The pool area was also very clean with plenty of fresh towels.

Room Tip: I don't know any other rooms our room was more towards the back of the hotel on the first floor...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you found our front desk agent and team to be helpful and that you enjoyed our clean pool and facility. I truly do appreciate your positive comments and truly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards

Carla Carlson

Reviewed 18 August 2014

After not being able to get a room in my usual hotel, I made a booking here. I must say, I think I have a new "usual" and definitely a new favourite. The decor is stunning and the rooms are large and comfortable. I didn't have a chance to have the breakfast as I had an early flight, but I was very impressed by the service.

My only complaint is aimed at hotels in general, especially in a tourist area such as this. The price of hotels is absolutely ridiculous these days. In my case I just needed a bed for a short night. I guess I'm a bit old fashioned but paying more than 200 dollars for a room hurts. Having said this however, the price at this hotel was comparable to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your stay experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you too for your objective comments on pricing, yes, on sold out periods in the summer season, we always ensure that we are fair priced within the competitive market set. I truly do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the slower seasons:)- and pleased that we are able to offer you a NEW favorite place to stay while in Kelowna.

For now, thank you once again and hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Carla Carlson

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was a beautiful new hotel. Large, with a pool and very comfortable. Breakfast was okay, room was great. For the price, it was all we could have asked for. The staff were all friendly and ready to help. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Carla C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. May I wish you all the best always

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel recently for 7 nights. The rooms are spacious and have many amenities (fridge, microwave, etc). The cleanliness of the room is OK - I found fruit loops and toys under our bed from a previous occupant. The housekeeping staff are not very thorough. They also forgot to fix one of our beds twice during our stay and the number of clean towels we got varied depending on who was cleaning our room.

The breakfast is good and there is a lot of variety. But during peak times, you will be waiting in line to get things and the staff member is running around like crazy trying to keep everything filled. Its a bit hectic and some mornings we skipped the breakfast just because we didn't want to deal with all the people.

The hotel staff are friendly but not always professional. Once joined in on a conversation that we were having and it wasn't at all funny. She didn't get the hint that we didn't think it was funny and she kept repeating her joke. Also upon check in, the rate I was shown differed from my reservation. This delayed check in because we had to resolve this issue (make sure you take a copy of your reservation with you that shows your nightly rates).

This hotel also charges a nightly "marketing fee" - totally inappropriate as it is unclear what this actually is. It adds up if you are staying over several nights.

The hotel pool is clean and our children enjoyed it. But it has a lot of chlorine in it! Our kids stunk of chlorine after using this pool despite having a shower and washing hair after they had gone swimming.

Overall this is an OK hotel but more attention to professionalism and thorough cleaning are needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very safe bet if you are looking for a place to stay. Not very close to the water but easy access as it is just off the main drag. Pool was good with water slide...fitness room was limited,

Breakfast was great. Deluxe comes with hot food. We had sausage n eggs...along with usual continental spread.

Overall pretty standard but very good

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mud0nthetires
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Decided to stay in a "chain" hotel as it suited our needs for our short stay in Kelowna. All the staff we encountered were very helpful. We stayed in the best suite which was so spacious, comfortable and very very clean. I was slightly concerned re the swimming pool and water slide but noise was not an issue (and there were plenty of children about). We would return to this hotel if we were back in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trisha M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights with our son and two dogs.The hotel was nice and clean, and our king suite was ok, but smaller than I thought it would be. The bed was very comfortable and I love the comforter. There was a small pool with a water slide, which my son enjoyed. The pool was too small for swimming though. The free breakfast was very good.

On the down side, one of the staff members that we dealt with was rude. She really put a damper on our experience. I would have given the hotel a four star rating if not for her. And there isn't much of an outside area for the dogs to do there business. But there is a walking path close by.

Fun fact, we stayed at the Best Western in West Kelowna the three days before. The two hotels are identical, right down to the room carpet and decor in the lobby. Only the Comfort Suites is a tad smaller. But everything else is the same. Funny!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family