“great for family”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kelowna, Canada
“great for family”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

great rooms clean and good price we stayed there for 3 nights, the front staff are lazy but did not really bother us . God central location and pool was clean. We had very large room for good price great for families.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Overall the hotel was decent, but I felt I needed to write this review as there are several gaps in service and offerings from the hotel and staff. As other reviewers stated, the pool was great, but the chlorine was awful. My daughters hair was stiff and brittle even after showering. Wifi was a joke. I went over my data limit on my iPhone and ipad (I work from home, anywhere) because the wifi was hopeless. It literally shut down every few minutes. We stayed for five nights and got facecloths replaced once. Fewer towels were left each day too! The staff was friendly but overworked, perhaps? Check in took 25 minutes. Coffee was empty often (in the lobby). The breakfast was chaos. The design of the eating area is poorly done, as the chair seats are twice the depth they need to be (to look modern? Interior design firm must have thought they looked cool, form over function). The seats took up all of the floor space and did not allow anyone to get by tables, if there was a table to be found. Regular coffee. It seems they only make one carafe of it. The rest of the coffee is always bold. Every morning, I attempted to have a regular coffee, and it was always empty. I never did get to try it. The food was okay...the cooked eggs were flavored with an artificial butter seasoning. The bacon and sausages were decent. It was worth it to go to eat with a family of five because of costs, but we dreaded it every morning!
Our room was clean. No complaints with the cleanliness. Tastefully styled. There were no movies to rent, as the tv was cable only. The beds were not comfortable at all. I know all hotels have firm beds but this bed had very hard coils that hurt our pressure points. Our ice bucket plastic was never replaced after one use.
I would say stay here when you can't find another, better reviewed, place for $170/night, but now you will at least know what to expect.
Our key cards needed to be reset everyday. Was a bit tiresome with children in tow to go back down to get new cards. Oh and access to the hotel from the west is a bit tricky, but once you figure out which road to take to get in through the back of the parking lot, you will be ok!

Room Tip: Don't expect wifi to work
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed only two nights at this hotel, but were very happy, except that the front desk never answers the phone. We called them twice on our way to the hotel and a couple of times from our room and no luck.
Only later we realized how understaffed they were. We noticed that two very hard working black employees, a female and a male, were working like busy bees! We saw them at the front desk checking people in, serving breakfast in the morning, in the office doing paper work and on the phone taking new reservations. Wow! We've never seen this in any other hotel. They are obviously very skilled if they can do so many tasks, but that leads to a lower standard of service- there should be someone to cover at least the front desk.
Their continental breakfast is great and they keep on adding more fresh items as they are quickly disappearing. It sure is a busy place and the tables are very close together, making it tight to get through, so don't go in the rush hour.
The pool is nice, but since there is a slide in the middle, it takes most of the pool space. In other words, if you want to swim in the pool, you sure will be splashed by those sliding. So you can say, that technically they only have a slide and a hot tub. Their gym is very small, but for a two day stay, was enough.
Despite these observations, overall, we were very happy with the hotel. It is new and the room was very fresh and clean. They even have fresh apple for guests on the hallways. Staff is friendly and helpful. We'll definitely stay here again if driving through Kewlona one day.

Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Staff has been friendly but service in itself needs work. Check in took 15 minutes as the receptionist was very slow.

Pool is over chlorinated. I soaked my feet into the hot tub and within 5 minutes my eyes couldn't take it anymore. My kids all complained about how their eyes hurt from swimming.

Rooms... Beds are extemely uncomfortable. Otherwise, it's grey, there's a fridge and tv. Although you can't rent movies from the tv. It's only cable tv.

Wifi, if you are here to work.... Don't stay here. The wifi doesn't hold for more than 3 minutes at a time. I've had to travel to a free wifi location (Starbucks) to do my work as the wifi constantly kept disconnecting.

Good. Breakfast is included but so unorganized. It's open for 3 hours and there is no order to how to get your food. The plates are in the middle of the buffet line. When I say buffet, the food is monotone. All carbs. A little bit of fruit and yogurt but otherwise... They need to add colour to their menu. Not enough table to seat everyone and very little space to get around. Food wasn't too bad just not a good experience as far as logistics.

All in all.... I wouldn't come back. Room service is also not available here as they don't have a restaurant on site. I could have lived without the restaurant but due to everything else, I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed August 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My friends and I booked 2 rooms here for a work trip. I had called ahead to explain to the front desk agent that there would be three girls in each room and would there be a chance for a pull out? Also could we possible get rooms close together? "Sure no problem" was the response.

When we checked in though - whole different story - There was no record of me calling and they could not fit any cots in the rooms assigned to us. In addition the rooms were on separate floors. When I explained that I had called and asked for a cot and rooms close together she told me that she couldn't change anything as they were sold out. She did however see that someone put a note on my reservation that I would have a pet with me - umm no did not have a pet with me - I assume they heard pet instead of cot?

They also wanted to hold $200 dollars per room IN ADDITION to the room rates on my credit card - I work at a hotel in a downtown core and we will hold only $100 dollars for a CASH guest. Not one with a credit card on file. The front desk said it was for incidentals - what if I didn't need incidentals? - Nope still need to hold an extra $200 on the card - and they don't mention that it wont get released until 5 days later.

When I went up to my room I checked our sheets and found some blood on them (DISGUSTING) that was left from a previous guest! When I spoke to the desk agent about it all she asked for was my room number - no "I'm Sorry" - nothing. When I returned from dinner I expected the sheet to be changed but it wasn't - just an extra sheet placed on my couch with what I assume was the purpose of having me change my own sheets! I called down and asked if that was the intention - the same desk agent said she had just left them there for a second but would come back to change them later.

The next day a housekeeper chased down and harassed my co-worker trying to explain (I assume) why there was blood on my sheet - as my friend didn't know the details she wouldn't speak with her. In addition the rooms are very dusty with dirt piled up on the baseboards etc.

Wi-Fi is free but extremely spotty - service is in and out. Breakfast was nice but very busy and limited seating. Only positive were that there was a pool (such a hot weekend) and free parking.

I found the staff to be very unprofessional and rude. No apologies for anything. I will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Check your sheets!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank lyonene80
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I spent five nights in Kelowna and this place was really nice, staff were awesome. Breakfast was included and lots of choices. Rooms were spacious, comfy and clean. I recommend this hotel big time. It's a bit far from downtown, but it's a good compromise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband & I have stayed at this hotel every time we go to Kelowna. The hotel online rate is always the best for value. The rooms are spotless & clean & spacious! The bed & pillows are so comfy. Always a great sleep. I've stayed here in a family suite with my daughter & her family. Family suite is very spacious as well! There is a large breakfast room, with a great choice of items all included. Staff is very helpful & friendly. I would recommend a room on the top floor to ensure a quiet stay.

Room Tip: When hotel is busy with families, request room on top floor, to avoid noise from floor above
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple