“Unforgettable Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ogopogo B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelowna
Ogopogo B & B
Ranked #6 of 48 Kelowna B&B and Inns
Squamish, Canada
“Unforgettable Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I am usually not one to write reviews, but after our outstanding experience at Ogopogo I just had to! Our two night stay in the Sunset Suite at Ogopogo was the most amazing B&B experience my husband and I have ever had. From the warm welcome of our gracious hostess, Karen, to the moment she saw us off, everything was perfect.

Karen made us feel like family. Once we were settled in, she prepared us delicious bruschetta with fresh ingredients from her garden which was accompanied by a lovely bottle of white wine from a local winery. This was a delightful time to get to know Karen, to learn of the many things to do in the area, and to get recommendations of where to eat. The house itself is stunning, very well decorated and immaculate. It is located just across the street from a lovely sandy beach. Karen offered to lend us her kayaks and bicycles. Unfortunately, I had sprained my ankle the day before we arrived and was unable to do many of the outdoor activities that the area has to offer. Our suite was located on the main floor of the B&B with its own separate entrance. The attention to detail is impeccable! The bed with bamboo sheets was so comfortable. The wet bar was well stocked with water and vitamin drinks. There was also a basket of goodies for us to enjoy. Oh, and the breakfasts were out of this world!! Karen certainly went out of her way to make hearty, nutritious and scrumptious breakfasts that kept us going until dinner.

Thank you so much Karen for an unforgettable stay at your B&B. You truly made us feel at home. We can't wait to come back! We will certainly recommend your B&B to our family and friends who plan to visit the Okanagan.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

My now husband & I stayed at Ogopogo B&B the week before our Kelowna wedding and left 2 days after our wedding! This was our FIRST B&B experience. There is not enough nice things I can say about our stay. After our stay here, it was going to be diffucult for our CABO honeymoon to beat!! :-)

On our arrival Karen greeted us with such enthusiasm and open arms! Not to mention a delightful bottle of local wine YUUUMMM! (Even my husband who's not too much of a "wino" thoroughly enjoyed the wine, so much so he had to go buy 2 more bottles during our stay!) She toured us personally around our suite, and her amazing home! Much to our delight the whole place was breathtaking and beautiful!! The room was spacious, elegant, and stocked with all the amenities one could ask for. A mini fridge full of beverages and snacks! The bathroom was stocked with all the lil' neccesities one would need, and more! It was remarkable.

During our stay, the breakfasts were phenominal...if Karen asks you if you'd like to try her smoked salmon eggs benedict DO IT!!! Sooooo tasty, same goes for her "secret recipe" pancakes! To die for! The breakfasts were so tasty, and elegantly plated, we really felt pampered. We had the choice of being served in our room on our private balcony (Manhatten suite), or in the kitchen, and because Karen was such a friendly, bubbly hostess we often chose to visit with her in the kitchen! We had a great time visiting and getting to know Karen!

Karen offers complimentary pedal bikes which you must take advantage of! So fun to ride along the boardwalk, and across the bridge to Pandosy. Or you could also borrow her double Kayak which was also loads of fun! There's so much to see and do in Kelowna, and this is just a nice quaint personal touch for those who aren't afraid to sweat a little!! :-)

This B&B has two suites, one on the lower level (Sunset Suite) and a larger suite on the upper level (Manhatten suite). Karen, the hostess, lives in a carriage home just out back. So you feel you have your own privacy, but she is accessible whenever you need her it seems. She definately goes above and beyond for her guests! She added so many special touches that made our stay exceptionally special, especially the day & night of our wedding! Thank you so much Karen!!!

We definately will come back as soon as we can! Our first experience at a B&B is going to be a tough one to beat! I strongly urge anyone staying in Kelowna to forgo a hotel and take the opportunity to stay at Ogopogo B&B!!!
Dale & Dayna Tiemstra

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

If you want to stay in a 5star Band B,The Ogopogo is your place.From the minute I walked in the door I was blown away by the beauty and detail of this home.The hostess Karen treats you like your family and makes your stay so comfortable.The gourmet breakfasts were so delicious,with a lot of the ingredients that were grown in her garden.The rooms are gorgeous and the beds are so comfortable with the best sheets and pillows.When you stay here you have the living room to hang out in and big patios with a gorgeous lake view.You can walk to a lot of the attractions and the beach is 10 steps from the house. I can not wait to go back here again ! Karen has spoiled me forever wanting to stay in a hotel again.I give this place11 stars out of ten.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Pitt Meadows, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

WOW!!! When I first booked the Sunset Suite here I was excited with the pictures I saw but they do NOT do this B&B justice. This place is truly amazing! I have stayed at a number of B&B's and this by far is in a category all of it's own. Karen, the Hostess truly has a passion for what she does and it clearly shows!! The place itself and attention to detail is complete 5 star. When we first got there we were given the warmest welcome ever! Complete with homemade Bruschetta and a bottle of fine Okanagan wine. Her warm and caring personality was so amazing and breakfasts were made with fresh herbs, flowers from the garden and the breakfasts were definately 100% Gourmet, better than some of the best restaurants I have been to. The Bed and the Organic Bamboo sheets were so comfortable, I am getting a set of the sheets for my bed at home. I look forward to my next stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

OMG! Best B&B ever! We stayed in the Manhattan room. Hardwood floors, stone tile work and
in floor heating in the bathroom, fireplace, TV, balcony, everything you could want. The soaker tub is wonderful; the stand alone shower is massive with eight different shower heads! Double sinks are great for a couple.

The common room downstairs is like being in a private home. In fact you feel like the B&B is your home away from home. Karen, your hostess serves gourmet breakfasts that will keep you going through lunch! She will make your stay truly memorable with all the little extra touches and her buoyant, friendly personality. We didn’t want to leave!

The location allows easy access to the new and beautiful lake walk, casino, bistros, downtown and if you like she will provide you with bikes or a kayak to indulge those wanting some fitness, certainly necessary after Karen’s breakfasts!

We will go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Thank you Karen for an absolutely wonderful weekend!! My husband and I were so happy that we found this B&B on Tripadvisor! We've stayed at alot of B&B's and this was the BEST. If you choose to stay here, you won't be disappointed. Attention to detail in everyway, and the food was spectacular!! The room, the view, the house, the location,and the best part was our terrific hostess! Karen knows the area and is more than helpful to give you recommendations, and make reservations, etc. She is friendly and fun, and there if you need her, but also gives you space to be together. You can't go wrong with Ogopogo B&B or Karen! WE would definitely go back!!

Room Tip: Go with the Manhattan Suite. It has it's own private balcony and you can see the lake and mounta...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

My husband and I stay at B&B's frequently and care of tripadvisor and a lot of research, we've stayed at some amazing ones around the world. Even with that history Ogopogo stands head and shoulders above the rest. First, you have the property. From the architecture to the furniture, from the the fixtures in the bathroom to the sheets and towels - EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING is first class, well cared for, sparkling clean, thoughtfully designed and just plan lovely. Then you have Karen - who is a delightful combination of gregarious and sensitive to your privacy. When we arrived, she welcomed us, gave us a quick introduction to our space and then offered us a glass of wine. After we finished unloading the car, we joined her in the beautiful common space for the wine. While we sipped great Okanagan wine she made us fresh bruschetta and oriented us more thoroughly to the house and space. She lives out back, so the two couples staying in the B&B have the shared space as a very private retreat much of the time. This is a perfect place for two couples who are friends. You basically get the house to yourself. Karen had booked us reservations at a fantastic little french bistro that is walking distance from her house and she gave us great directions. After a bit of a chat while we ate our nibbles and and got oriented, Karen headed out and we had the place to ourselves. We only stayed for one night before heading on to Banff, but a few more things are worth noting. Breakfast is fantastic. She's a GREAT cook and I know food. This breakfast will set you for much of the day. She also includes everything in the price. A bottle of wine, chocolate, water and other beverages in your fridge. Forgot your toothbrush. There's on in the drawer in the bathroom. You don't even have to ask. Because we only stayed for one on a weekend night there was a $50 extra charge. Yet this was totally fine since her base prices are so reasonable. My husband and I both felt that we more than got our money's worth even at the slightly raised price (which we completely understand since many B&B's wouldn't have even taken our reservation). Summary - we've stayed at B&B's that have later been discovered by Conde Nast traveler and now go for $400 a night. Ogopogo is the BEST B&B we've ever stayed at and we WILL be going back. Thank you Karen for a truly unforgettable world class experience!!!!

Room Tip: Both rooms are stunning. One is more over the top and pricey (separate soaking tub and shower in the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple