“Made to feel... Uncomfortable, but clean and beautiful!”
Review of Ogopogo B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelowna
Ogopogo B & B
Ranked #6 of 48 Kelowna B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Made to feel... Uncomfortable, but clean and beautiful!”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

This is a difficult review to write because I have never written a review that was not 100% glowing and positive before. However… I appreciate other peoples honest reviews so I going to write one so others will know my true opinion. I stayed with some extended family there for a weekend while one of our family members competed in a local triathlon (we are all adults). The location is lovely, the B&B is very clean, modern & decorated beautifully. Our host Karen was very nice (at first). Saturday was great and our welcoming was lovely. However on Sunday morning I woke up a little early and was enjoying the B&B common areas. There were some candles on display that had clearly been lit before & a lighter. So I decided I would light the candles and do some reading. When Karen entered and found the candles burning, she got very upset at me, she even scolded me. I apologized and explained I would never have lit them if they were not previously lit and that I was watching them very closely so everything was safe. This did not seem to mater and she didn’t accept my apology. The rest of my stay I was made to feel quite uncomfortable and other family members said they felt as if she decided that she didn’t like me and was going to make sure I know it. It was very strange, on Saturday I would have written a great review that only said positive things, but after Sunday morning I could not have gotten out of there fast enough. She was cold to me, questioned me about other things that I might have done when she was not watching me. I was extremely uncomfortable and will never recommend this B&B to anyone. As a paying customer I felt I was treated awful and because of this I didn't get good value for money! Minus Karen our host everything else was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank Rothenberger1980

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Fantastic stay!
Its a very beautiful place - lots of room, privacy if you want some or share some stories in the living room with the other guests....the terrace outside with a glass of wine looking at the Okanagan lake is just perfect.
Pick the Mannathan suite or the Sunset suite you will love it...
Its important to mention that if you like some golfing, well there are plenty of amazing golf courses just 15-30 min away....and your host Karen (very modest) is an excellent golfer herself and will sure guide you to the right places (and maybe go with you if you ivite her!!....she has all the contacts ;-)). For the wineries too!!
Karen is a very special person, she will make you feel like you know her already - she cares and it shows; i rarely felt that way (if not never) in a BB...she sets the bar very high and adjust to her guests...she is definately one of kind!!
So its a wonderfull place, with a host that will make everything perfect for your stay and the location is right where you need to be.
JUST GO!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We just spent a memorable six days at the Ogopogo B&B. The entire stay was wonderfully set up by the warm smile and introduction we received from Karen the proprietor upon our arrival. Her home is sensational – a cathedral ceiling highlights the living area, where floor to ceiling windows provide an unobstructed, gorgeous view to Lake Okanagan just across the street. A contemporary interior style and warm, inviting colours lend itself to a relaxing time while there. The entertainment audio system can be played throughout the house and we enjoyed a smooth jazz channel throughout our stay.

There are two bedrooms in the main home and an adjacent annex. The first two nights, friends stayed with us in the small, but tasteful bedroom on the main floor. We stayed in the master suite which can be described in one word as outstanding. A large room with a king size bed which has an incredibly comfortable mattress, well equipped with a bar fridge complete with beverages and nibbles in a basket [which Karen provides at no charge], fireplace, flat-screen TV, lots of lighting alternatives to suit your mood, and fresh flowers to complete the picture. The bedroom opens up to a large balcony which has a table, sofa, and chairs and which was perfect for curling up to read, or for your morning breakfast. The on-suite washroom was large with a comfortable tub for two, accompanied by an amazing shower stall – one that has three separate shower-heads for an invigorating way to wake up, or re-freshen. Throughout Karen’s home from her furniture to her linens, her tableware to entertainment system reflects a great degree of attention to quality and comfort. Features that certainly enhance one’s stay here.

Finally a work about Karen herself – a vivacious woman, she is a thoughtful owner that goes way out of her way to ensure that your stay is enjoyable and certainly in our case memorable. Her cooking is fabulous - a varied menu is available for breakfast, with much of the produce coming from her backyard organic garden. Be sure to ask Karen for one of her fruit smoothies – a healthy, delicious way to get your day going. One of the many things I liked about Karen’s philosophy was that virtually everything is included in her price. She leaves fruit on the counter to help yourself, and if you desire a gin and tonic, her liquor cabinet is open for your use – likewise if you want to kayak, one is available as well. She places a great deal of trust in her clients which is refreshing to see. While staying there, Karen encouraged us to think of her place as “our” home – her attitude and her actions made it easy for us to do so.

We highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple