Holiday Inn Express Kelowna
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Royal Anne Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$137
US$99
Delta Hotels Grand Okanagan Resort(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$234
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
US$469
  • Pool
Coast Capri Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$207
Dilworth Inn(Kelowna)
US$139
US$104
Comfort Suites Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$133
Agoda.com
Accent Inn Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$129
Travelocity
All reviewshi expresswater slidesnew towercinnamon bunscactus clubpancake machineyogurtbreakfast barfree breakfastfront desk staffshopping and restaurantschecking incomfortable bedsbreakfast roomconvenient locationroom ratelots of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Again we put our faith in Holiday Inn Express, as they seem to be working quite hard on building their reputation and hotel quality.

Room:

We requested to be in the newer Tower side of the hotel, and upon check in we were given an upgrade to the top floor, which is a "prestige" type floor with limited access. The room was very modern, clean, and spacious. Two large screen televisions (Bedroom and sitting room), and great ammenities which included a wet bar. No bathtub but large beautiful shower area. The bed was super comfortable!

Location:

Located right on the main street in Kelowna with everything close by (groceries, restaurants, shopping) and easy access in/out of the city. Only a short drive from the lake as well.

Service:

Exceptional service from the front desk staff, prompt check in, comp upgrade, very pleasant. All other staff were friendly and courteous, we received at the least a "hello" from all in passing. The parking by the tower area was always free, even though the hotel was full. My only possible gripe was the fact that the tower side only had one elevator, which was kind of slow and always in use. Again, partly to blame was the fact that the hotel was full with families for a girls sporting tournament in Kelowna, with many trips up and down the elevator by the kids. We didn't eat the comp breakfast at the hotel, as it was totally full with the aforementioned families when we had a look.

Overall, a great value, pleasant and hassle free. Well done!

Room Tip: Tower rooms seem to be newer, less noisy as well
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rational_traveller
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I negotiated (by email - had never seem facility) for a meeting room for a small group (20) on April 10th, 2012. EVERYTHING was exactly as requested. This sounds so simple but it is so seldom delivered. The projector screen was there, the coffee and lunch was on time. The room was very clean and spacious in a recently NEW addition to the older hotel property. Normally book with "other" chains in other cities but would definitely return here. Many thanx to Betti and staff who made this such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Located on main north/south highway - avoid rooms facing highway if (a very little) auto noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We recently held my Dad's 80th birthday party at the hotel and banquet facilities. Betty went above and beyond in making sure our event was superb. The room and set-up was wonderful, support staff very friendly and efficient. The food and wine were excellent. The prices were very reasonable when compared to other venues but the quality was top notch. We had 33 adult guests and 6 babies/toddlers/children and again everything was taken care of for all ages.

We also had a group booking at the hotel and this was excellent. We all had our hotel rooms together in a block and it made visiting very easy. The rooms were a very nice size allowing us to gather in one room to visit. Fridge and Microwave in each room make it easy for families travelling with little ones.

The hot breakfast was very well done with lots of selection and a great seating area.

I would highly recommend this hotel for family gatherings, weddings, anniversaries etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rainmark
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I held a second corporate meeting at the Holiday Inn Express Kelowna Conference Centre earlier this month, and everything was excellent...from the great accommodation in a very convenient location (15 minutes by taxi from the airport), to the staff who were able to accommodate all our business needs. Catering for the day was very good, meeting equipment was reliable, and the availability of the equipment tech meant my day as the meeting's organizer went seemlessly. I have put the Holiday Inn Express Kelowna at the top of my list of venues in Kelowna for accommodations and for corporate meetings/events.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RLJVancouver
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I Travel a lot on business and am a member of the loyalty program for HIE. At this hotel I felt being a paying guest; I was disrupting the front desk staff by checking in and checking out. I was offered an "upgrade" upon arrival to a lesser room than I had initially booked. Only after expressing the room I was given was unacceptable was I relocated to an actual upgraded room. Why wouldn't I have been accommodated in this room to begin with? The key card on arrival wasn't activated and then I had to "bother" the front desk staff again to enable me to enter the room. The room was ok, the sink barely trickled water. If you are looking for guest service and a sense of being a valued guest, don’t look at the Holiday Inn Express in Kelowna, the arrogant, unfriendly staff will not rise to the challenge.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JP M
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear JP M,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,