Holiday Inn Express Kelowna
The Royal Anne Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$144
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$185
US$180
Coast Capri Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$174
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$158
US$143
US$343
US$326
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$140
Agoda.com
US$203
US$179
All reviewshi expresswater slidesnew towercinnamon bunscactus clubpancake machineyogurtbreakfast barfree breakfastfront desk staffshopping and restaurantschecking incomfortable bedsbreakfast roomconvenient locationroom ratelots of parking
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights at the height of the season. Requested and allocated a quiet room which was at the back in the older part of the hotel. Although the hotel is next to the Highway we were not disturbed at all and had a couple of good nights sleep. Room, although well appointed, was small by North American standards.

Had to time breakfast carefully as things could be quite manic during certain periods

Hotel has a very pleasant outside seating area on the third floor.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

A great staff, good location and spacious room made our one night a pleasure!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The customary practice in North America with hotel bookings, especially done on-line, is to allow 24 hours notice of cancellation without charge.

Not so with the Holiday Inn Express at Kelowna (maybe with any HIE booked through the same web-site). The hotel will immediately charge you 100% of the room charges for the full period
of the intended stay, even after the booking is cancelled.

On May 29 2012, I booked on-line for four rooms August 4th to 7th for our Ruby anniversary. The webpage authorizing payment by credit card did not contain any warning that the payment is non-refundable. The only note on this page is "Cancellation fees are non-refundable". Shortly after the booking, my children selected Osoyoos, a better place for the wine tour. I cancelled the booking on-line early June, again there was no warning that the payment was non-refundable or indication how much the cancellation fees were.

On July 4th, I received my credit statement which showed Holiday Inn charged me C$2303.53 + C$767.51 (which is more than the amount C$2965.28 shown on the website when I booked). I called 1-800-465-4329 and the agent told me it was the hotel's policy not to allow any refund.

Had I booked with another hotel and then cancelled the booking well in advance, I would not have to fight with the establishment to my payment back. In the present, I had given the hotel more than two months notice of cancellation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lucas6280
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear lucas6280,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing our hotel. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Kelowna is beautiful. And the tourists flock here in the summer. I get it. But I still think I paid way too much for my room. This property doesn't even include a lake view. That would have helped ease the pain of the price.
Otherwise, it is a good hotel. It appears to be well-managed with nice amenities.
Just watch the pricing and try to do better than me.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel offers awesomefrindly service, big comfortable beds and pillows, Very spacious and clean. If you are a smoker they have a wonderful out door patio on the third floor. Their breakfast room is very efficient and great coffee. I definately reccommend this hotel for both business or vacationing. They also have a pool etc (which I didn't make use of this trip)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple