I went for a pleasure/business trip to Kelowna for the past 3 nights over the May long weekend. I'm usually a big fan of the Holiday Inn Express chain but this one didn't impress me as much as the ones in the US. Maybe it was because it was the long weekend.
No hot water in the morning. I asked reception if there was a potential that all the hot water had run out but they were in a state of denial. I get it, if it did, but that's got to affect service.
No thanks free breakfast. This room certainly can't accommodate all of it's guests. Thank goodness there is a Ricky's sharing the same parking lot. Certainly don't depend on having a comfortable warm breakfast there. They should really have made accommodation of a larger breakfast area to take into account the extra rooms. Last year we were at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott and it was so much better of an experience.
Slim pickings for parking. Man, parking is hard to find in this place. I'm not fickle but really, I don't think there are enough parking spots for all their visitors. Again, I think this may have been due to the long weekend. I contemplated parking on the street before squeezing into a tight spot. Good thing I didn't bring my Vette and you shouldn't either.
None of the US chains suffer from the above, in fact service is an enhanced experience for Priority Club members, but not here. On a positive note, the room was clean with full amenities such as a fridge, microwave and a single armchair (I think the couch was missing as there was a huge void in the room). Anyways, I would probably stay again but certainly not during the busy summer season. Pick it up Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, you're making the rest of the chain look bad!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Kelowna HotelOur downtown Kelowna hotel, conveniently located on Highway 97, is located in the heart of Kelowna but still close to championship golf courses, world-class wineries as well as great shopping.Business travelers will certainly appreciate the hotel's proximity to the Kelowna International Airport. Kelowna is home to many championship golf courses including Gallagher's Canyon, Predator Ridge and the Harvest Golf Club. Our hotel in Kelowna has an assortment of amenities for the business traveler, including free high-speed Internet access, a business centre and a meeting room that's ideal for up to 35 people.We provide guests who are looking for comfort and value with the smart choice for lodging. Vacationers to Kelowna will find that we offer excellent ski packages to Big White ski resort. The Okanagan Valley's wineries host spring and fall wine festivals that are always popular. Guests will be able to wash away their worries as they walk along Okanagan Lake or through one of the many orchards. Our hotel is the perfect leisure vacation choice.With 190 guest rooms, including executive king rooms and two Jacuzzi suites, there are plenty of options for our patrons to choose from when staying in our hotel. Kelowna is a great travel destination for anyone looking for natural beauty in a relaxing environment that is perfect for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Kelowna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Kelowna Hotel Kelowna
- Holiday Inn Kelowna
- Kelowna Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Kelowna Okanagan Valley, Canada