“3+”

Holiday Inn Express Kelowna
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
“3+”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This HIE is our choice to stay in Kelowna, although some great choices at west Kelowna for consideration if you drive further if coming from East. Quality breakfast buffet and spacious eating area are well above most HIE we stayed. Room was quiet and clean however this time during the week stay our bed sheets never got replaced. Disappointed that some business TV channels were not provided. Exercise room is great for quick stretch.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Jenn683, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Guest (DealsFinders),

Thank you for sharing your review about your experience at our property!

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with sheet changes throughout your stay. I have brought this concern forward to the Housekeeping Team, and I am sorry that there were channels that you were looking for throughout your stay that were not accessible to you. We just switched to HDTV and it provides a few more options to Guests, so hopefully we have been able to add a channel that may help for future stays.

I am sorry again for the inconvienences that you experienced throughout your stay, I have communicated them to the appropriate teams in the Hotel :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Holiday Inn Express properties can be a bit TOO "kid friendly" at times, so when we heard that the seventh floor of the tower portion of this Holiday Inn Express was "off limits" to kids (it requires a room card swipe for the elevator), we were quick to book it, in spite of the steeper price. It was SO quiet on that floor! The room itself was squeaky clean (their housekeeping crew are real professionals) and well-equipped with a new Kuerig coffeemaker, big-screen TV, microwave, fridge, and comfy chair in the corner with footrest for relaxing. Covered parking (no charge), and very friendly and helpful front desk. This will be our hotel of choice for all future visits to lovely Kelowna!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest (JohnandGlo),

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at our property!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the executive level, the rooms are so beautiful up there with the nine foot ceilings, and added amenities! We are very proud of these rooms! We are also happy to hear that you had a great experience with our Front Desk Team. We are very lucky to be able to work with these great individuals each day!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property for your future stays in Kelowna! Thank you for choosing us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have stayed here many times and this time I was organizing an informal meeting. Some complications arose with our changing needs and meeting times. The hotel staff was responsive to all our needs.
It was originally Betti , the conference catering person that I was impressed with. Then when she was away, I needed a projection screen. Suddenly the front desk guys sprung into action. This hotel runs well and is where I'll be coming back to.

• Stayed May 2013
Jenn683, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Guest (G-meth),

Thank you for sharing your review of our property!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed holding your meeting here, and that our team was able to help when you needed it. We are very proud of the efforts put forward by our Catering and Front Office teams, and I will ensure that your review gets passed along to the parties involved.

Thank you so much for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I went for a pleasure/business trip to Kelowna for the past 3 nights over the May long weekend. I'm usually a big fan of the Holiday Inn Express chain but this one didn't impress me as much as the ones in the US. Maybe it was because it was the long weekend.

No hot water in the morning. I asked reception if there was a potential that all the hot water had run out but they were in a state of denial. I get it, if it did, but that's got to affect service.

No thanks free breakfast. This room certainly can't accommodate all of it's guests. Thank goodness there is a Ricky's sharing the same parking lot. Certainly don't depend on having a comfortable warm breakfast there. They should really have made accommodation of a larger breakfast area to take into account the extra rooms. Last year we were at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott and it was so much better of an experience.

Slim pickings for parking. Man, parking is hard to find in this place. I'm not fickle but really, I don't think there are enough parking spots for all their visitors. Again, I think this may have been due to the long weekend. I contemplated parking on the street before squeezing into a tight spot. Good thing I didn't bring my Vette and you shouldn't either.

None of the US chains suffer from the above, in fact service is an enhanced experience for Priority Club members, but not here. On a positive note, the room was clean with full amenities such as a fridge, microwave and a single armchair (I think the couch was missing as there was a huge void in the room). Anyways, I would probably stay again but certainly not during the busy summer season. Pick it up Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, you're making the rest of the chain look bad!

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. One side faces the main road, Harvey Avenue (97). The other side faces an industr...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SandAficionado
Dear Guest (oa47),

I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our property. It sounds like you caught us on a very busy weekend, and that we missed opportunities throughout your stay.

I have definitely asked the Maintenace team to look into the hot water issues that you mentioned so that we can ensure that this doesn't happen to yourself or other Guests for future stays. I am also following up with my breakfast bar host in regards to the issues that you found in the Breakfast Area.

If you would like to send me an email at jkuiack@fortisproperties.com I would love the opportunity to speak to you in person about your experience at our Hotel.
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stay at this hotel A LOT and I still love it. They have perhaps the most comfortable beds - even if I'm jumping from one town to the other, I know that if I have a nigh or two here I can look forward to a good night's sleep. The hotel is clean, has great amenities and is across the street from several restaurants. It's only about a 10-15 min walk to Orchard Park if you really wanted to shop as well. The breakfast is always good but the best part is the staff. There are always such great people at the front desk and even staff you pass in the hall smile and say hello no matter what they're doing.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest (Carmenzoe),

Thank you so much for choosing us as your "Home away from Home" when visiting the Okanagan!

Our team truly is a pleasure to work with and they love going above and beyond for our Guests! I will ensure that your review is posted so that they can read the great compliments that you had regarding their service and friendliness.

We get a lot of compliments on the beds, and have on more than one occassion given the Guests the contact information to purchase one for home! They are so comfy!

Thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

My family stayed here during our first trip to Kelowna... I was happy that they can accomodate all of the members when I called them in a short notice. Breakfast was yummy and busy in the morning..Although the pool look green like algae and a unclean so we did not try it. The price of the stay came to be a surpirse because I did not pay the price they told me when I booked. I paid more than what I was told over the phone. Overall, it was a pleasant hotel...

Room Tip: nonsmoking and choose the new building
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank laaglaag
Dear Guest (laaglaag),

Thank you for sharing your review of our property!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, it always smells so good at the Front Desk, and the pancake machine is pretty cool!

We are sorry to hear that you had issues with the pool cleanliness and rate, I am in the process of looking into both of these things for you.

We are happy that we could help with accommodations with short notice and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in future. Thank you for choosing us!
Chase, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

My family and I went to Kelowna for two nights at the Holiday Inn Express. The complementary breakfast was great, it offers several options for everyone. The kids really enjoyed the pool and the two water slides, and what I liked is that there is a lifeguard on duty to watch kids going down the slides. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The only negative we experienced was the pull-out couch for my son, he found it very uncomfortable and had a sore back in the morning.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the cleaning staff were great at their job. The hotel is very close the restaurants across the street and well and having the Ricky's restaurant right beside the hotel. The Holiday Inn offers discounts to a few of the restaurants nearby which was very helpful travelling on a budget.
I would also like to mention that the tower is much quieter than the main building, as we have stayed in the main building in the past.
We enjoy this hotel, and we will continue to use it for further trips to Kelowna. We know it, and like it!

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower are quieter than the main building if that is something that concerns you, an...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Jenn683, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Dear Guest (Disneyfan35),

Thank you for sharing your review of our property!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and it was our absolute pleasure to be able to welcome you back!

We are very proud of our Hotel, and we are very lucky to have our beautiful tower. I am glad that you enjoyed these rooms and the facilities that we offer at the Hotel.

I am happy that you had the discounts available at East Side Marios and Boston Pizza for your stay. They continuously tell me how they love welcoming our Guests to their locations as well!

We look forward to welcoming you back to your second home soon, and thank you for choosing us!