“Good basic stay”

Holiday Inn Express Kelowna
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Love the location. Close to the airport and right on the main thoroughfare to all of Kelowna. Basic rooms. Tv could be better. Great convenient breakfast. A real plus. Would recommend. Good parking and pleasant staff. Really like the Globe and Mail at the door first thing in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JGDcanada
Meghan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear JGDcanadaThank you so much for choosing our Hotel for your Travel needs. Its a great pleasure to provide you with a great location and wonderful breakfast. I'm glad the staff were able to accommodate you with the things you needed while you were on vacation We look forward to seeing you again and thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Kelowna Conference Centre

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were just visiting Kelowna overnight and did not have a hotel reservation. We walked into the Holiday Inn Express and the desk clerk was happy to accommodate. He quoted a rate that was not exactly reasonable and with a little negotiating, we secured a king sized room at what was probably the going rate for the season. He let us believe we actually got a good price but when I overheard him on the phone with another client, he quoted that same rate, which at peak season, was not so bad for an HIE.
The room was clean, linens and towels fresh. You could be in any HIE anywhere in the world, that is what makes them comfortable and reliable. The only downfall was the extremely noisy AC rooftop fan right outside our window. It meant that we couldn't keep the windows open and even then the noise was bothersome.
The morning breakfast was very satisfactory, typical Holiday Inn fare with no surprises. Staff were friendly and the room was spotless. They gym was small but adequate for a quick morning workout. The hotel is on the highway heading toward the airport from the city; a good location for almost anyone's needs.
The complimentary breakfast, internet, bottled water, cookies and snacks are what make Holiday Inn Express a great place to stay no matter where in the world you may be.

Room Tip: Stay away from the centre of the hotel at the rear. That is where the noisy fan is located.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Molly 59,
I am thoroughly pleased to know that you had a good time while staying with us and on behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you for your kind words of encouragement. To go back on what you had said “what make Holiday Inn Express a great place to stay no matter where in the world you may be” Not sure if you are aware but the world’s first Holiday Inn was opened on August 1, 1952 by Kemmons Wilson and in 1990 entered into a new market opening Holiday Inn Express. He was offering family oriented, predictable, convenience and “inexpensive luxury.

We are forever committed in providing our patrons with the best service and amenities and this is a promise we intend to keep.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here back in June and we had a good time. Fast check-in, friendly and cheerful staff, our request for connecting room was promptly addressed and my wife just lovers their breakfast especially their cinnamon roll.
Neil is a good bloke- very attentive to detail and full of jokes, not only we got our due acknowledgement for being PC members- he even threw in a little midnight snack for us as my daughter was craving popcorns.
Pool was another plus- large massive pool with slides- I'v never seen my little one this happy. We did not checkout till past the checkout time but one one came knocking on our door, accurate bill and a warm farewell- surprisingly again by Neil, I wondered if he has a sleeping bag behind the counter ;o)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear king_shadyThank you for posting your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff take great pride in our service to our guests, and we are pleased that you received great service from us. I will pass your great review onto Neil. Please let us know when you are ready to make your next reservation with us, we will be happy to assist you with your booking.
Sincerely

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Old furniture? Distance from city?

I'm checked in for 3 nights on my way to Nakusp and could not disagree more vehemently with the earlier review.

I have a 4th floor room and the furniture is pretty much new. The bed is immensely comfortable (i am coming off heavy jet lag flying in from Asia and I slept 12 hours last night!)

I don't know kelowna well but there seem to be two main areas - and the one where this Holiday Inn is located seems to be the main area of the city. There is pretty much everything you could want within walking distance - restaurants, shopping, etc...

I was in Kelowna in May - i think I stayed in the Ramada - the Holiday Inn is a huge step up for a similar price.

Would DEFINITELY stay here again - cannot comprehend how anyone could review this hotel as anything less than a solid 4 star property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Inukshukasia
We would like to thank you for preferring our hotel while visiting Kelowna.
We always strive to provide our entire guest with the best comfort and service and we are happy to know that we offered you exactly that. . I hope you will try to visit us again in July, or August, when the weather is spectacular!
We work hard to ensure that you will always have a magnificent stay at hour hotel and will look forward to have you at our hotel again.
We do hope to see you again. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email myself and I will be happy to help meghanmcconnell@fortisproperties.com

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The hotel is located about 20 minutes away from the city center by car.
The hotel seems to be old and so is the furniture in the room! Renovations are necessary!
The room was huge but very dark and smelling badly...
The breakfast room is way to small and breakfast is only served till 9.30 am, thats why it is really crowded there. There is only plastic cutlery by which you can't cut anything!

We would never stay there again! It's not worth the money!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nici166
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Nici166,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online.

I humble apologize for you did not find our hotel to your liking and truly sorry that you were unhappy with our hotel's overall appearance. We deeply regret that you left with such a negative impression about our hotel. Rest assured that your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Dhan M
Case Manger
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I picked this hotel because it had an indoor pool with 2 waterslides. It was a huge hit with my son and his friend (and all the other families there).

Otherwise, the free breakfast is the usual fare you get at Holiday Inn Express, complete with my favorite, the pancake machine. It did get very crowded later in the morning but they seemed to keep everything well stocked. It's in a good location, close to shopping and restaurants. They even give you discounts at Montana's (across the street) and Boston Pizza. Only small complaint is the beds were pretty fluffy (and very tall) and I prefer a bit firmer bed. But I slept well, probably due to the wine tasting, which is one reason to visit Kelowna. ;-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jeanne_Seattle

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I just received a call from Neal, stating that my credit from my stay last September while taking my daughter to university, was about to expire. As I had forgotten this , I appreciated the reminder. When i called, Neal was very helpful and very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear flyn H
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad we met your exceptions for you stay with us. We take pride in the amenities we have to offer and am glad you enjoyed them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and we definitely look forward to having you again.